New Member and Concerns

Hi everyone, my name is Kenneth I was diagnosed with low T about 2-3 months ago, was 118 was told the normal range was 250-1100

I’ve searched the internet for countless hours looking for a way to deal with this, currently I have no benefits and they will not kick in for another day or two.

I believe that I am experiencing water retention in my calves and outer ankles, skin feels a little puffy etc…

I’m 34, and take roughly 1 ML 200 MG of test cyp a week… this was bumped up from half that due to a crash I was experiencing, I may just be having some bad anxiety about this, but I am concerned that something else is wrong

I see alot of people post up about water retention, at what point does it become serious my last injection was Monday… I still see my ankle bones but there my calves, and in my upper thighs look puffy and feel strange until benefits kick in I need to know how I should handle this until I can get to a doctor.

I need to know what to do now… should I be concerned? Should I take a dieuretic or whatever they are called. This is the first time I’m experiencing anything like this and I’ve actually lost weight rather than gained it dropped from 170 to 160

I am a small framed guy, I always have been… I’ve been active lately (not super active but went from doing absolutely nothing… sleeping/eating/working (desk job) to sleeping, going to brazilian jiu jitsu class 2-3 times a week anywhere from 1-2 hours .

If I had to guess most of my body is fat somewhere in the high 20’s to low 30’s for body fat percentage. And I gained this during my time on anti-depressants the last seven years which I no longer take.

Sorry I’m sure this has been asked alot, but with my anxiety I just need to know someone is out there that this has happened to and that everything is going to be just fine as well as some tips to counter this until I can get to the doc in the next week or two.

Thanks for reading.

If you’re not taking any sort of AI, the increased E2 is making you hold water. Also leading to the anxiety you are feeling. You need to get your bloodwork done. Read the stickies at the top.

I plan on it but should I skip a shot? Take a lower dose this week what’s the temp answer to this

[quote]kcomfort001 wrote:
I plan on it but should I skip a shot? Take a lower dose this week what’s the temp answer to this
[/quote]
It’s important for you to get blood work and most likely an AI like catfish said. If you lower the T now you’ll just make the T:E2 even worse. 200mL/wk could be a bit much but I wouldn’t touch the dose until you’re on an AI. Go get it done.

so just take nothing until I figure it out?

I can’t get to the doc until the 14th should I go cold turkey until then

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
[/quote]
If you lower the T now you’ll just make the T:E2 even worse. [/quote]

How does that work? More e2 receptors and less test to plug the holes?

[quote]kcomfort001 wrote:
I can’t get to the doc until the 14th should I go cold turkey until then[/quote]

No… I believe his advice is to continue with your current dose and get blood tests asap.

Can I get amiridex online I hate to even ask but I only found this site researching the water retention thing it’s only a slight swell of the ankles I may have made it out to be more he’ll even if I could papal someone and get one or two overnighter to get me to the point I can get to the doc

Thanks t

Please read the stickies. You will know why after.

Please read thyroid basics as thyroid or iodine deficiencies can drag you down.

I’m on thyroid medication I had high levels of some compound so normal blood tests made it look like the thyroid was working normally but a fully detailed blood tests showed an excess amount of TSH ? I think telling my doctor is was working too hard.

So I went ahead and took another dose today, as I have my appointment scheduled for the 10th, I don’t plan on taking another injection until that day or after so the doc can take a look at me and we get some labs done.

In the meantime is there anything I can do to assist with the slight swelling again it only appears around the ankle bone… I did go see another doc just to rule out other things to buy me some time as the nearest doctor I could find is in Indianapolis which is two hours away.