New Meal Plan Critique

Before I ask for everyone to critique my diet, I think it’s important that you all know somethings about me. About 8 months ago, I dropped a lot of weight. I was already pretty small to begin with: 5’7, 135LBS @ about 5-6%BF. Well, after starting to workout more intensely for Jeet Kune Do, I dropped down to 122LBS @ about 3%BF.

At first I didn’t realize until I caught a glimpse of some headshots (I’m an actor as well) and was stunned with how scrawny I became. I immediately knew I hadn’t been eating enough. I started to experiment with different meal plans with the indefinite gosl of getting up to 137LBS @ 5%BF. Well, it took some time but, I eventually found a diet that worked for me (a little). I am currently 142LBS @ about 5%BF and got at least that far using this diet:

Meal 1
1 egg w/ 1 cup egg whites
1 slice full fat cheese
couple handfulls of spinach
1 cup oats
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp honey
1 large banana sliced
Meal 2 (During and Post-workout)
2 scoops Surge
Meal 3
5 oz chicken breast, salmon, 93% lean beef, or top round steak
1 cup brown rice or 7 oz yam
6 oz broccoli
1 tsp EVOO
1 large apple
Meal 4
1 cup oats
1 scoop Metabolic Drive
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 large banana slices
1/2 cup berries
Meal 5
5 oz chicken breast, salmon, 93% lean beef, or top round steak
6 oz broccoli
1 tsp EVOO
Meal 6
1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1 scoop Metabolic Drive
1/2 oz almonds
1/2 cup berries
Meal 7
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup berries
1/2 oz walnuts

Though I surpassed 137 Lbs, my goal has now changed to getting as big as possible while still feeling quick and agile (for JKD) and maintaining 5% BF (for acting). Originally I felt that heavier than 140 would weigh me down, but I actually feel more light, quick, and powerful than ever before.

Anyway, to reach my goals I started reading up on Dr. Beradi’s articles and finally succomb to the fact that I shouldn’t be combining F + C. As a result, I have now changed my meal plan to this:

Meal 1 (P + C)
1 cup oats
2 scoops Metabolic Drive
1 large banana
1/2 cup berries
Meal 2 (P + C)
2 scoops Surge
Meal 3 (P + C)
6 oz chicken breast, trkey breast, or shrimp
8 oz broccoli
Meal 4 (P + F)
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup berris
1 oz almonds
Meal 5 (P + F)
6 oz 93% lean beef, top round steak, or salmon
8 oz broccoli
1 tbsp flax oil
Meal 6 (P + F)
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup berris
1 oz walnuts
Meal 7 (P + F)
2 eggs w/ 1 cup egg whites
1 slice full fat cheese
couple handfuls of spinach
1 tbsp flax oil

So does this comform to Berardi standards? Are my fats balanced enough? Also, is that last meal too big for a bedtime meal?
Please let me know how I can improve. Thanks in advance for any advice.

IMO look awesome as for well about everything. some people will bitch about the berries and fats but there’s a difference IMO in having some nuts and fruit and having say a damn doughnut.

I would change out the Flax oil IMO and go for fishoils. Skip the HOPEFULL conversion process in the body of the flax oils to the ever needed EPA/DHA and go straight for the goods. Great place for Flameout.

Other thing I would quiestion is the sat fat level if you getting enough compared to the PUFA’s and MUFA’s. getting some from the eggs and lean beef but not sure could be getting some from the Cottage C but you dont say what fat content if any it is.

Last the total amount Id watch and you may need to up it to reach your goal.

Great progress and relization, starting to eat for performance etc…

Best of luck,
Phill