New Mastodon Album

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Machine Head + BLS + WuTang for shoulders in 30 min.[/quote]

Actually, Testament, StaticX, and Sevendust are queud up, too (I peeked ahead)…[/quote]

Do we both own the same MP3 player lol?, same bands man.[/quote]

Little cheap Sansa. I love it. It’s the smallest one I’ve found. I have a couple different ones, but they’re a pain in the ass and get in the way. I’ve dropped this thing, washed it, etc, and still keeps going.

I dropped a db on the last one… Let’s just say, that one is retired-- in pieces.

Man the more I look at that cover art and sculpture(thanks IM) I think what a fantastic back peice that would make.

This is the part I felt sounded like Yes, 5:57 to 6:20 No?

Should be noted the drummer is pretty fucking good, his snare work is bad ass.

regardless of what I said about Mastodon, this new song kicks total fucking ass. looks like I’ll be getting the album.

as for Machine Head, fuck yeah. their metal can be so damn groovy at times. exciteddd.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Machine Head + BLS + WuTang for shoulders in 30 min.[/quote]

Actually, Testament, StaticX, and Sevendust are queud up, too (I peeked ahead)…[/quote]

Do we both own the same MP3 player lol?, same bands man.[/quote]

Little cheap Sansa. I love it. It’s the smallest one I’ve found. I have a couple different ones, but they’re a pain in the ass and get in the way. I’ve dropped this thing, washed it, etc, and still keeps going.

I dropped a db on the last one… Let’s just say, that one is retired-- in pieces.[/quote]

Well the db would have been the same weight of a small youth after all.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Leviathans’ cover art was more impressive to me than the album… They’ve since become more “melodic” I guess is a word you could use.

The Hunter, from what I’ve heard of it so far, seems to be right in my wheelhouse, though I won’t play the whole album till I get the CD in my hot hands.

[/quote]

I won’t either, I really didn’t want to hear either single ahead of time but they played it on liquid metal(XM) and I couldn’t turn it down it time…well truth be told I didn’t exactly try to hard to get to the ghetto box.

Mastodon goes down well with a good sorcery or fantasy type book imo.

Fuck I’m old, I still call it a ghetto box.[/quote]

I like Mastodon when I’m mowing the lawn or taking a long drive or when I’m in the gym.

The spouse just calls it noise, which to me is awesome.

I haven’t called the stereo a ghetto box in a long time. On a side note, how cool would it be if one of these companies that puts out iPod players came out with one that looked like a Marshall stack?

I would by one for every room and a wall of them for my garage. haha…
[/quote]

Would they all go up to eleven?

My mates got the new Trivium today, only heard 2 or 3 of the new stuff and JESUS fuck its awesome!
Got to see Mastadon in Sonisphere in Knebsworth last month, flew up from SA to catch them! Such awesome stage presence and they rocked the hell out of that place!

But Machine Head’s unto the locust album I know is going to end everything. The blackening was such an epic evolution for the band, this thing is going to be in a ballpark of its own!

Lol this video is epic!!