New Male Models Skinnier Than Ever

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
Can we blame this on veganism? These guys look like they eat rabbit food.[/quote]

Hey, I eat ‘rabbit food’ with my steak. Nothing wrong with veggies, but I bet these guys eat special k and cereal bars, are anti-fat, they probably eat a grand total of 1000 calories per day and have a poster of their idol zac effron on the ceiling opposite their beds. And girls girls actually dig this shit. wtf is the world coming to!

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
and to think that a young lady my age would prefer a “physique” like that…[/quote]

I don’t know ANY of us that would! YUCK!

Thats the kind of look you get on the heroin diet :wink:

I like sparring those kinds of guys, because I can make their entire body go horizontal in the air from just a kick =) True story.

I do not have the words to describe what i’m feeling about these skinny male models…

…It’s probably because I don’t give a shit.

i’m actually kind of surprised that this is generating this kind of response now. haven’t people noticed that this has been almost the standard, editorial male model for the better part of a decade? Dior Homme started this look in 2000, hell YSL was starting to lean this way with Rive Gauche Homme as far back as '97.

I used to hate my big but as a kid, but now - damn those jeans look good on me.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I think and maybe this is an a bit far fetched and it might offend. So if it does then fuck off.

But look at the designers. Are they not mostly gay? So of course they would want a prepubescent looking boy for fashion. Its a kind of fantasy with most gay men. The Greek man and his apprentice kind a deal. That has never gone away from the gay community. Its like the forbidden fruit and all that. Just similar to the 16-18 year old cheerleader/school girl/baby sitter for straight men. So would this not follow suit in the fashion world??

People see what they think is beautiful and display it. Of course controversy goes from the models but that keeps the clothes and designer in the spot light. Great marketing is it not?

[/quote]

Are there not many designers of woman’s clothing who are gay? Are not many makeup artists and hair stylists who work on women gay? I rest my case.

[quote]Yolked Up wrote:
ds1973 wrote:
Can we blame this on veganism? These guys look like they eat rabbit food.

Hey, I eat ‘rabbit food’ with my steak. Nothing wrong with veggies, but I bet these guys eat special k and cereal bars, are anti-fat, they probably eat a grand total of 1000 calories per day and have a poster of their idol zac effron on the ceiling opposite their beds. And girls girls actually dig this shit. wtf is the world coming to![/quote]

Sorry, I meant ONLY rabbit food. I love a nice big salad smothered in olive oil, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar WITH my steak. :slight_smile: You’re probably right about the cereal bars and anti-fat mentality.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
i’m actually kind of surprised that this is generating this kind of response now. haven’t people noticed that this has been almost the standard, editorial male model for the better part of a decade? Dior Homme started this look in 2000, hell YSL was starting to lean this way with Rive Gauche Homme as far back as '97.[/quote]

That could be because I don’t think most guys follow what the standards are in male modeling.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
i’m actually kind of surprised that this is generating this kind of response now. haven’t people noticed that this has been almost the standard, editorial male model for the better part of a decade? Dior Homme started this look in 2000, hell YSL was starting to lean this way with Rive Gauche Homme as far back as '97.

That could be because I don’t think most guys follow what the standards are in male modeling.[/quote]

you don’t really have to. you could just read a magazine or watch a commercial on tv.

Looks like its back to the V-Diet for me…

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

That could be because I don’t think most guys follow what the standards are in male modeling.

you don’t really have to. you could just read a magazine or watch a commercial on tv.[/quote]

Do you honestly think that the average guy would be able to reply with:

“i’m actually kind of surprised that this is generating this kind of response now. haven’t people noticed that this has been almost the standard, editorial male model for the better part of a decade? Dior Homme started this look in 2000, hell YSL was starting to lean this way with Rive Gauche Homme as far back as '97.”?

Really?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

you don’t really have to. you could just read a magazine or watch a commercial on tv.

“i’m actually kind of surprised that this is generating this kind of response now. haven’t people noticed that this has been almost the standard, editorial male model for the better part of a decade? Dior Homme started this look in 2000, hell YSL was starting to lean this way with Rive Gauche Homme as far back as '97.”?

Really?
[/quote]

Or girl. But particularly in a crowd like this. I was wondering earlier how many people notice the way clothes hang over the way people’s bodies are proportioned, as though the clothing were an entity themselves. It seems awfully sick to think that clothing is so important that you would starve yourself into nonexistence in order to highlight what you are wearing, but I agree that that is how the fashion world works. I think it’s an ironically visible subculture though, because in reality most clothing is chosen to obscure flaws in too-large bodies.

Bah, I’m drinking so I don’t know if this makes any sense. Anyway who cares, I like muscles. runs off to TILF

[quote]sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

Really?

Or girl. But particularly in a crowd like this. I was wondering earlier how many people notice the way clothes hang over the way people’s bodies are proportioned, as though the clothing were an entity themselves. It seems awfully sick to think that clothing is so important that you would starve yourself into nonexistence in order to highlight what you are wearing, but I agree that that is how the fashion world works. I think it’s an ironically visible subculture though, because in reality most clothing is chosen to obscure flaws in too-large bodies.

Bah, I’m drinking so I don’t know if this makes any sense. Anyway who cares, I like muscles. runs off to TILF[/quote]

You make sense, Sluicy.

Clothes can hide flaws and/or eccentuate the persons physical strong points.

smells whisky

[quote]imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

Really?

Bah, I’m drinking so I don’t know if this makes any sense. Anyway who cares, I like muscles. runs off to TILF

You make sense, Sluicy.

smells whisky[/quote]

Thank you, I shall call you again. hiccup

But really, who notices a person’s clothes before they notice how the person is built? Like, “Wow, hawt tunic… wait… wait… Oh, she’s a total fatty!”

[quote]sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

Really?

You make sense, Sluicy.

smells whisky

But really, who notices a person’s clothes before they notice how the person is built? Like, “Wow, hawt tunic… wait… wait… Oh, she’s a total fatty!” [/quote]

See, if she was totally skinny, you’d just notice her tunic. Or, the tunic should have been black with horizontal stripes.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

Really?

You make sense, Sluicy.

smells whisky

But really, who notices a person’s clothes before they notice how the person is built? Like, “Wow, hawt tunic… wait… wait… Oh, she’s a total fatty!”

See, if she was totally skinny, you’d just notice her tunic. Or, the tunic should have been black with horizontal stripes.[/quote]

But speaking as a woman I prefer to see men whose muscles I would notice before I noticed anything else (so that example was probably bad).

And if a chick is thin enough that you only see clothing, I notice that too. Lingering body image issues and all.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
sluicy wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
imhungry wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:

Really?

You make sense, Sluicy.

smells whisky

See, if she was totally skinny, you’d just notice her tunic. Or, the tunic should have been black with horizontal stripes.

But speaking as a woman I prefer to see men whose muscles I would notice before I noticed anything else (so that example was probably bad).

And if a chick is thin enough that you only see clothing, I notice that too. Lingering body image issues and all. [/quote]

Sure, especially if the clothing fit well and it was form fitting without being too tight.

The women models are built like little boys. Yuck. Teeny-tiny asses look HORRIBLE on women.

Turiel summed it up nicely I’m not sure why you guys are still talking about this.

I think I can take 'em guys.