T Nation

New Male Models Skinnier Than Ever

[quote]tubemode12 wrote:
Women aren’t attracted to skinny guys, that’s insane.

There’s a huge line between thin and lean, I mean, let’s look at this from a male perspective.

Which is hotter?

http://www.ubodybuild.com/images/bbgirl.jpg

http://www.celebritybabies.info/wp-content/uploads/Kate_Moss01-08-07.jpg [/quote]
Honestly? Kate Moss. That first girl is mega skanky

Give me a break…where did the article state anything about that bodytype being appealing or attractive?
It clearly indicated several times that that bodytype is androgynous and not good-looking from any perspective - “there’s no place for great bodies anymore” comment - it just says that thats the look designers prefer to showcase their attire.

Guys in skinny jeans…
Do they qualify as guys…?

I have noticed the amount of really skinny guys out there lately though.
I blame it on TV shows like Skins, all the characters in those types of shows are borderline anorexic

Okay so I saw that movie ‘Fighting’ last night(don’t ask)
But the thing that got me was that the girls we went to see the movie with couldn’t stop talking about how sexy Channing Tatum’s body was…
Each to their own and all that, but the guy had absolutely no muscle on his enitre body. I mean, he must’ve weighed about 155lbs in that movie.

Looks like the skinny guy is now officially trendy…

Hollywood’s version of “buff” is Shia Lebuff, please keep that in mind. Anyone who pushes good weight would be considered freakish by their standards.

I think and maybe this is an a bit far fetched and it might offend. So if it does then fuck off.

But look at the designers. Are they not mostly gay? So of course they would want a prepubescent looking boy for fashion. Its a kind of fantasy with most gay men. The Greek man and his apprentice kind a deal. That has never gone away from the gay community. Its like the forbidden fruit and all that. Just similar to the 16-18 year old cheerleader/school girl/baby sitter for straight men. So would this not follow suit in the fashion world??

People see what they think is beautiful and display it. Of course controversy goes from the models but that keeps the clothes and designer in the spot light. Great marketing is it not?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
A man with muscle can make anything look good.[/quote]

Yes.

No one in the history of the world has ever complimented a man by saying, “Wow you’re so skinny!”

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
A man with muscle can make anything look good.

Yes.[/quote]

even speaking as a man trying to build muscle i have to disagree. looking at it from a strictly fashion oriented point of view, muscles get in the way of viewing the clothes. hell, body shape gets in the way. the simple and sad fact is that most clothing looks better on skinny people. and all high fashion looks better on skinny people. ever since 2000 when Hedi Slimane put out the first Dior Homme line, fashion went super skinny and hasn’t looked back since. do they have to be as skinny as they are now? defintaly not, nor should they be. but until the fashion industry decides to start celebrating shape and muscle again things aren’t going to change.

It’s just a trend - sooner or later it’ll come around to buff guys again. Fashion is fickle so give it time.

Can we blame this on veganism? These guys look like they eat rabbit food.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
skinny guys wearing skinny jeans make me cringe[/quote]

fat guys in skinny jeans make me cringe more

Those pics were ridicolous. That is just taking thin to the extreme. I don’t think any female will find that attractive just like most guys will never find anorexic models attractive. Oh and the bodybuilding.com model owns.

This is because a lot of clothes dont look good on a well built man.

I mean excluding the real men’s classics like suits and shirts, polo shirts, jeans etc and also sport clothes or hiphop style clothes nothing else seems to work.

If the clothes are too out there or meant for a younger crowd a well built man will just look gay.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
sluicy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Yes.

even speaking as a man trying to build muscle i have to disagree. looking at it from a strictly fashion oriented point of view, muscles get in the way of viewing the clothes. hell, body shape gets in the way. the simple and sad fact is that most clothing looks better on skinny people. and all high fashion looks better on skinny people. ever since 2000 when Hedi Slimane put out the first Dior Homme line, fashion went super skinny and hasn’t looked back since. do they have to be as skinny as they are now? defintaly not, nor should they be. but until the fashion industry decides to start celebrating shape and muscle again things aren’t going to change.[/quote]

I’m not looking at it from a fashion oriented point of view. I’m looking at it from a male-body oriented point of view. I notice the build of the person before I notice the clothes.

THAT’s why I can’t fit into any pants!

I knew it wasn’t b/c of my massive legs!

[quote]sluicy wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
sluicy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Yes.

even speaking as a man trying to build muscle i have to disagree. looking at it from a strictly fashion oriented point of view, muscles get in the way of viewing the clothes. hell, body shape gets in the way. the simple and sad fact is that most clothing looks better on skinny people. and all high fashion looks better on skinny people. ever since 2000 when Hedi Slimane put out the first Dior Homme line, fashion went super skinny and hasn’t looked back since. do they have to be as skinny as they are now? defintaly not, nor should they be. but until the fashion industry decides to start celebrating shape and muscle again things aren’t going to change.

I’m not looking at it from a fashion oriented point of view. I’m looking at it from a male-body oriented point of view. I notice the build of the person before I notice the clothes.[/quote]

i understand what you’re saying, but we’re talking about models. a model’s primary job is to make the clothes look as good as they possibly can, and like Raided and i said, most clothing doesn’t look good on a well built guy. the models need to achieve the body type that makes the clothes look right, so until designers cater to larger men, the models will stay skinny. and even though it’s going to make me sound a little gay, unless a guy is really well built i always notice clothes first (hell, i notice clothes first on most women too).

lolz

i man is supposed to look good nakkid, not in some dorky-fashion-shit-clown-costume.

eugh, this skinny jean bs is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. Those scranwy punks need to hand over their balls immediately, cause they are an embarrassment to all males around the world.