New MAG-10 Support Group

If you know what works for you, go with it. Just be sure to pay close attention to your diet, and you’ll make great gains. A couple other things you might try to increase intensity without dramatically altering volume further are strip sets and supersets. Good luck.

SquirrelHunter- I think GVT or GVT2k would be fine. Just make sure you’re not already in an overtrained state when you start MAG-10 and GVT. Maybe take a week to take it easy in the gym before you tear it up with GVT. I’m sure the MAG-10 induced pumps are going to be incredible with that amount of volume. I’d go for GVT2k, which is the current “Double Take” article.

Why are all of these training programs being mentioned having a high volume of sets, when the article for once per day training while on mag-10 has most workouts around 12 sets?
-jason

Took Mag-10 this morning(i’ve tasted far worse supplements over the years, so no biggie there), a.m. workout chest went fine. No major rush or pumps, until…about 6 p.m. at work. I felt very hot, pumped, and full of energy. 6000 calories and 10 hrs. later from the a.m. workout, came home and worked arms. Pumps were awesome, including my chest from earlier. Overall I looked about 5 lbs. heavier. I wasn’t eating even near that amount of calories, and was taking no supplements other than protein powder up until the start. I’ll post the 7 day results next week, but so far so “VERY” good.

I finished my 2nd two weeks of Mag-10.  The 1st time I gained 4lbs.  The 2nd time I gained maybe a pound or two.  My strenth went way up, even though my weight didn't change much.  My bench went up 30lbs to 320.  My reps of 225 went from 10-16. I weigh 178 = 5'9" with 9-10%fb year round until contest time.  I improve in strength every workout, but my weight hardly changes...why is this?

ps-I am happy with gaining any weight.

I was wondering why the need to hold mag 10 under your tongue for 30 seconds. Is there some sort of sublingual absorption going on there? If so, is there any benefit to holding the mag-10 under the tongue for longer. If not, does it even have to sit under the tongue at all? Thanks for the responses.

Jason- First, the Growth Surge isn’t really the “official” MAG-10 workout. The first draft was written before MAG-10 was introduced. But by the time we finished it and MAG-10 was coming out, the two made a nice fit. Just wanted to clarify that.

There are many good training programs a person can use while on MAG-10. The GSP is just one of them. And in the end, diet is going to make a bigger difference than the specific type of training used.

As for your question, yes, it seems like the “regular guy” section of the Growth Surge is fairly low in volume, with about 12 sets per day, BUT notice all the triple strips, and every set is taken to failure, and you’re training 6 days per week. So in the end, it’s a pretty tough program, although not as tough as the double day version.

I just ordered Mag10. How long should I exspect to wait?

I remember reading an article or post where it was said that MAG-10 is mild on the hair. What exactly does mild mean? Will MAG-10 cause any hair thinning, hair loss or premature balding? If you are prone to thinning hair or premature balding, should I not take MAG-10?

Tyler, no, the holding under the tongue
instruction in my opinion adds nothing
significant to absorption. There was
a differing expert opinion and it was
decided that since it certainly can’t
reduce effect and may increase effect
even if only psychologically, then include the
instruction, but certainly I’d say consider it
optional.

“Mild on the hair” means comparable to
what’s considered to be a mild steroid cycle,
e.g. Primobolan. Very few consider an effect
that would ordinarily be invisible, being so small, after only 2 weeks, or even several cycles, to be a reason to miss out on exceptional muscle gains, but some will.

Now, if you’re not prone to male pattern
baldness anyway then MAG-10 will have zero
effect.

If you are prone to it, then, yes, each
cycle may cause a small amount of hair loss
that was going to be lost anyway. Quite likely
invisible per cycle, but the cumulative effect of many cycles could add up.

It’s ordinarily not striking. For example,
I’m prone to male pattern baldness, but I
really can’t say for sure at all that I wouldn’t have lost the exact same amount
without androgens as with. I am sure the difference is not much, and that’s typical.

I planned on the 2 week on, 4 week off cycle. Once I get to the point I want - which I think would take 1 or 2 cycles of MAG - I plan on maintaining what I gain with your other products, like Tribex and Methoxy and stop taking MAG. Is there a cumulative effect you mentioned to hair loss for the the type of cycling I would be doing (2 on, 4 off and one more of the same cycle)? It would appear that 4 weeks in between is a long time for any accumulating effects to hair loss. Also, once off MAG, would any hair loss grow back? Or is it permanent? Sorry if I’m beating this to death.

Just started Monday at one dose per day in the am, usually before my work out. So far my sex drive has been way increased. and I’ve had trouble sleeping. Pumps last longer and and a bit harder than usual.

I was out of the gym for a while, 2 months in the fall and began lifting again two weeks ago to get ready for the cycle, then got sick so my strenght is not near what it was nor where I wanted it to be, but I didn’t want to wait. I will say that on monday I felt weak and today much stronger even with a poor nights rest last night.

Reading these posts I think I may be a bit under seted. I was continuing to do 3 warmup sets with 3 to 4 working sets of the chest back and legs, but have been staying to 3-4 sets for arms and shoulders. It sound like adding sets may be helpful...I'll let you know how I do.

thanks for the info

Can Mag 10 be taken longer than the recommend 2 weeks? Is 6-8 weeks on Mag 10 to long?

I am wondering if it is possible to stack mag-10 with md-6 or other similar biotest products. I am looking for growth but also BF loss.

Help Chris, Bill and/or anyone else – I’m 39, been working out steadily for about 2 years, off and on before that. I started my first MAG-10 cycle Dec. 31. The pumps were unlike anything I’ve ever seen. In fact, and this is why I’m posting, they may have been too much. I quit the cycle this past Monday after a week on. The problem I’ve had is serious pain in my elbows and biceps. It wasn’t getting better and I wanted to avoid an injury. Is it possible for the pumps to cause nerve problems? It’s not really joint pain and it goes away after about an hour or so after I work out – just about the time the mean pump is subsiding. I was doing the GS II two-day workout to the letter. As an aside, I measured this morning, and my biceps increased 1/4 inch in 7 days! And that’s measuring after one day of rest. I haven’t worked out since Monday because the arms were hurting more each time. BTW, I gained 3lbs. in LBM in that 7 days. I plan on resuming light workouts Friday, staying on Tribex 500 and M for two weeks then going back on MAG-10, cycling with two week periods, since I’ve got 5 more bottles to use. Any thoughts? And would you suggest I lighten up on the workouts at that time? Thanks.

Also forgot to note that I was taking two doses per day.

hurshel, i dont know if you are fully extending your elbow or not when you are curling, but if you are not…that could be part of the problem…you should be able to draw a straight line through your arm at the bottom of the movement…many people just wont fully extend because “it hurts”…but if they continue to do this, they will end up with an injury, most likly to the biceps tendon…i dont know if you are doing this or not, but it couldn’t hurt to mention it…since you are not on the mag 10 right now…you probably aren’t getting those same pumps, so the following should be less painful…here is what i suggest…its sounds like to me that you need to incorporate some loaded passive stretching (LPS) into your biceps training…this is actually a good idea for anyone, LPS has shown to significantly encourage hypertrophy by stretching the fascia tissue that surrounds the muscle…this week when doing any bicep work, 1st make sure you fully extend your elbow at the bottom of the movement, and second, after each set of curls, get a pair of moderatly heavy dumbells and take a seat on an incline bench…lay back and let the dumbbells strech out your “pumped” arms…dont relax, and dont contract your muscles…just simply sit there and let the weight stretch that tissue…this will hurt…but it will help you get over your problem…if its still hurting at the end of the week when you perform this stretching drill…take another week off from the mag 10 and continue to stretch between sets…after 2 weeks of this type of stretching, the tissue should be pretty stretched out and it shouldn’t be hurting as much…once you start up on mag 10 again…keep doing this type of stretching between sets…start right after your first set (dont wait until after 2 or 3 sets when you got a mega pump already)…your basically increasing the flexibility in this area, while stretching the fascia tissue to allow more growth…the more you stretch, the easier it will be, and the less pain you will experience during those super pumps…its kinda like when flexiblity testing came around in middle school…when you first started “practicing” touching your toes…you barely made it half-way down your shin and it hurt like hell…but after you continued to “practice” for a while…you could touch the ground without experiencing much pain at all…best of luck, keep me posted…joel

Thanks, joel. I’ll try that when I go back on Friday. What you say makes sense. I’ve never experienced anything like what happened, and the pain kept getting worse the more pump I felt. I’ll ease back into it using your suggestion.

cool man, keep me posted

Day 3 on Mag-10 and the only thing that’s increased is my waist. Following Growth Surge II diet, as well as twice a day workouts. Feeling tried and overtrained. Can’t sleep for shit either. Sex drive hasn’t changed, nor has my mood (other than going down when I attempt to put my pants on). I don’t post this to discourage, as I hope things do turn around. I’ll let you know.