New Luke Cage Movie Announced

[quote]Nards wrote:
I think even now I’ve got Luke Cage and Power Fist mixed up. Who’s the guy with a yellow shirt and chains as a belt?[/quote]

That’s OLD SCHOOL Luke Cage. He doesn’t do that anymore and the tiara is now a thing of the past.

Iron Fist has the yellow scarf/hood and an open chest revealing his dragon tat.

Ah, I googled and found out where I was wrong between our posts.

I’ve never kept up with comic books yet being a geeky kind of guy who likes Star Wars, Star Trek and the like you can’t help but absorb a lot of weird knowledge about comics as time goes by. It’s weird how much I know about the Marvel and DC universes with only having goofed on the net and remembered stuff my comic-reading friends would talk about back in the late 80s.

The intricate mythology of comics is astounding and I wish I’d collected comics in my youth. That’s not supposed to sound insulting, as I’ve picked up a few Conan collections, and that “Birthright” Superman comic as well as “All Star Superman” last year.

I saw “Iron Man 2” last week and the way stuff gets tied together makes me want to pick up shitloads of those Marvel Essentials and just read away!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Oh, and I remember when that first pic in the first post was Professor X’s avatar. I didn’t know it was originally Luke Cage.[/quote]

You didn’t know that I was originally Luke Cage. Even though the comic was started before my birth, it was always about me.[/quote]

You mean Marvel had shared prophecies about your life too?? That’s crazy! They did the same for me! My story was told thru that bullshit “Secret Wars” series. I hated that they made me out to be so careless about my omnipotence. Then they had the gall to predict that I’d be white when I came upon the earth. They will get theirs soon, though. Oh yes. They will all feel my power when I shake things up in Afghanistan this year.

That Michael Jai White movie looks cool.

I had no idea Luke Cage was no longer called Power Man. I’m gonna have to get back in the comic loop