New Luke Cage Movie Announced

I have always been a fan of Luke Cage I have a bunch of the old heroes for hire, my favorite being when Dr Doom hires him to take out the FF and refuses to pay so Cage opens a can of whoop ass. Now Marvel is doing a movie of him hopefully X is given a chance to try out as I feel he is the only person with the look to play such an iconic character.

Michael Clark Duncan!

Dr.Doom can manhandle The Thing, but he gets beat down by Luke Cage?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Dr.Doom can manhandle The Thing, but he gets beat down by Luke Cage?[/quote]

It’s all about the gold tiara and disco shirt

I thought Tyrese was supposed to be Luke Cage?

Cool - i liked his run in the new avengers comics. Prof X to play would work or Rampage Jackson (with some much needed size) - basically some guy who can ooze attitude.

Liking the current marvel run of movies - theres no excuse to do a bad one imo - theres so much written material already there to work from and they seem to have the movies all “worked out” since iron man came out.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I thought Tyrese was supposed to be Luke Cage?[/quote]

Oh god no, I rather see an unknown new actor than his goofy 2fast2furious ass in this movie. Isn’t he too short/small be playing Luke Cage anyway?

Tyrese has less range than Keanu Reeves on tranquilizers, so fuck that.

MCD is a little too . . . fuck, old I guess. He gave Kingpin so much depth and character, I just can’t see him as Luke Cage. Not to short-sell Cage, as he’s one of the best, most well-developed Marvel characters, but he needs someone who’s a little younger looking. I guess. That’s not what I mean, but it’s as close as I can get to it.

Fuck, I think Prof X should call someone and get some readings scheduled.

It’s been a while since I read up on Cage. Tyrese…I have mixed feelings on that one. He wasn’t bad in Legion. If he’s not trying to be funny, then he can pull it off. Get MCD out of your heads. Too old. It’s gotta be someone who can put on the necessary bulk, and can carry themselves well. Michael Jai White is a good fit, physically, however, I’m not too certain on his range. I’ll have to do some research to see who my top pick would be.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
It’s been a while since I read up on Cage. Tyrese…I have mixed feelings on that one. He wasn’t bad in Legion. If he’s not trying to be funny, then he can pull it off. Get MCD out of your heads. Too old. It’s gotta be someone who can put on the necessary bulk, and can carry themselves well. Michael Jai White is a good fit, physically, however, I’m not too certain on his range. I’ll have to do some research to see who my top pick would be. [/quote]

Had’nt thought of M.Jai White - certainly awesome physique (build his traps and delts and he’s well on his way), have really only seen him in a few movies but i thought he had a good range in a Segal movie i think he was in (acts like a good guy but isn’t).

Michael Jai White was the shit in “Blood and Bone”

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
Michael Jai White was the shit in “Blood and Bone”

Jee-sus is that movie just about him beating people up?

one of the best buy-don’t-rent movies ever

OH MY GOD!! I will own that movie before I leave!!

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
Michael Jai White was the shit in “Blood and Bone”[/quote]

Hell yes! I loved him in that, he’s under-rated IMO.

WTF is this bullshit?!

How have I never seen/heard of this movie?!

Will. Own. TONIGHT.

The way they filmed the first scene in the prison (with Kimbo) looked to me like an Old Spice commercial.

Oh, and I remember when that first pic in the first post was Professor X’s avatar. I didn’t know it was originally Luke Cage.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Oh, and I remember when that first pic in the first post was Professor X’s avatar. I didn’t know it was originally Luke Cage.[/quote]

You didn’t know that I was originally Luke Cage. Even though the comic was started before my birth, it was always about me.

I think even now I’ve got Luke Cage and Power Fist mixed up. Who’s the guy with a yellow shirt and chains as a belt?

EDIT: I wasn’t trying to be a jerk…I just googled and Luke Cage is also known as Power Man…Iron Fist was the guy the wore yellow and green that was teamed up with him.