T Nation

New Low-Carb Grow

Just a quick question to everyone who has tried the new formulation of Grow! with micellar protein. I have been using the old formulation for a couple of years now and it usually keeps me full( or at least not hungry) for about 2 hours. Have you noticed the new formulation has kept you from getting hungry longer? Thanks for the replys!

Hey, there P.A.V.!

I don’t know the answer to your question, but if you don’t get a reply, go ahead and post on the Protein Magic thread. That’s where Cy Willson hangs out (i.e., on the product threads, mostly). I don’t think there’s a person on the board who knows more about Biotest’s products than that guy . . . unless maybe it’s that crazy “Atomic Dog” I saw slipping 'round the eCorner a little earlier today. (wink & grin)

Well I can tell you this, as TC has suggested, last night I had my Low-Carb Grow! shake before I went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning something amazing happened…

I had 20" biceps and could bench 2000lbs for reps!!

Ok, so I wasn’t quite awake yet, but something pretty cool did happen, my stomach didn’t have that “tied in a knot” feeling I normally have when I wake up that tells me I need to eat everything in sight right NOW! I still ate my normal breakfast of eggs and oatmeal. Maybe it was just in my head, the protein doesn’t stay in my stomach for that long does it? Maybe it was just a natural body response to not being in a fasting state for the better part of the night?

To tell you the truth, Low-Carb Grow! has actually stimulated my appetite. i dont know why, but i dont feel that full an hour or so later. i could drink that stuff all day and not get full. Funny you should bring that up, i was thinking the same thing: do you stay full for longer with the new Grow!? any one else out there get the same effect?

I just had one serving last night before bed. All I have to say is damn, that stuff tastes like candy! It will be hard to not drink it all the time! Good job Biotest!

[quote]UB07 wrote:
To tell you the truth, Low-Carb Grow! has actually stimulated my appetite. i dont know why, but i dont feel that full an hour or so later. i could drink that stuff all day and not get full. Funny you should bring that up, i was thinking the same thing: do you stay full for longer with the new Grow!? any one else out there get the same effect?[/quote]

That’s weird, I find myself feeling not full, but satisfied for a quite a while…eating only because “massive eating” requires it for bulking.

As much as I eat (clean-ish), the pants still fit =)

Thanks everyone for your help. I do hope that the new grow will keep me full longer to help with dieting next year.

[quote]StrongMan wrote:

That’s weird, I find myself feeling not full, but satisfied for quite a while…eating only because “massive eating” requires it for bulking.

As much as I eat (clean-ish), the pants still fit =)

[/quote]

Yeah I get the same feeling, not full, but I have to tell myslef to eat, where my stomach used to do the work for me (even every 2 hours, sometimes less!) And I’m eating crazy amounts of food, but my diet is super clean (lots of veggies and lean protein) and I am just BLOWING up, yet my gut (what’s left of it) keeps fading. Hell I even cut most of the cardio out of my training, I do 10mins warm up and 15mins cool down after my workout only 3 times per week(TBT). I will go for a jog on the weekends if it’s nice but it’s getting cold in these parts so I won’t be doing that much longer. I don’t know what to say, being a FFB I thought I had slow metabolism but I think now I was just lazy and ate a LOT of shit. TBT+Good Diet= Good RESULTS!