New, Looking for Advice Please!?

MY goals are to lose about 14pounds and tone up my body! Im from Ireland and play gealic football and do weights about 3 nights a week! Am just looking to shed that last of fat and build muscle at the same time. I have been given this diet and want to know what use think of it and should any of it be changed? I fink theres many too many carbs in it but use will hopefully let me know as use wuld know better than me!? Any help wuld be greatly appreciated!!

Morning
Half cup of oats, water and honney
Protein Shake

First Tea
2 Slices wholegrain bread
1 chicken fillet
low fat mayonaise
Banana

Second Tea
2 Slices wholegrain bread
1 chicken fillet
low fat mayonaise
Banana

Dinner
Lean Steak
Large Baked Potato
Green Vegetables

Bedtime
Protein Shake

3-4 Litres of water daily.

Please let me no what anyone finks and any would be brilliant!!

More dietary fat and what are your stats (height, weight, bf)?

…why do you keep saying “fink” instead of “think” ???

Diet looks too carb heavy to me. I’ll respond some more, though, in a little while. I’ve got to fink it over.

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
More dietary fat and what are your stats (height, weight, bf)?[/quote]

I agree with both of these. More fat, less shakes. Depending on what you mean by “last little bit” of fat, losing that and getting bigger will range from extremely difficult to laughably impossible. Also, potatoes are generally good food, but I’d put that earlier in the day if it were me or eat half at a time. Potatoes can really spike the insulin, but the meat will balance that out quit a bit. Beans man beans. Superb carb source. Slow digesting and lotsa fiber.

In September 06 i started a diet and went from 270 to 182 pounds. But i stopped training for a while there as i injured myself and was unable to walk for 6weeks. I put nearly 14 pounds, am looking to lose it again and i would also like to build muscle but i dont want to get fat!! Am 20 years old, 5"11 and weigh about 195 pounds. I want to get into shape and build muscle and would like the best diet plan to suit me!?

I would add another meal. Add a handful of walnuts and almonds to those meals in place of bread. Maybe an EVOO shot too.

less carbs more good fats…+10points for having first and second “teas”

You’re on the right track - just a few minor tweaks…

Just wondering what time you are eating each meal? - an important thing to consider… Aim to eat every 2-3 hours.

Def too much carbs. You also might want to increase your fruit and veg intake.

Its doesnt say when you are drinking your water. On top of your fluids during and after training try to drink one glass with every meal.

When do you train and what does your pre and post nutrition look like?

[quote]Fit Female wrote:
Def too much carbs.
[/quote]

Not everyone needs a low-carb diet to get leaner. People have been losing fat for a long time with carbs.

The fact he’s competing in sports makes carb consumption all the more important.

My eating times are 7am,10am,1pm,4pm,7pm. I dnt take anything before training but i take a protein shake after training. I drink as soften as i can, but i hate always running to the toilet. anything to help me would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Nicky.

Ok, so your stats are:

Height : 5’11
Weight: 195

[quote]gormley1987 wrote:
MY goals are to lose about 14pounds and tone up my body! Im from Ireland and play gealic football and do weights about 3 nights a week! Am just looking to shed that last of fat and build muscle at the same time. I have been given this diet and want to know what use think of it and should any of it be changed? I fink theres many too many carbs in it but use will hopefully let me know as use wuld know better than me!? Any help wuld be greatly appreciated!!

[/quote]
Here is how I would rearrange your diet.

Morning
1 serving whey protein
1 whole egg + 8 egg whites
1 cup blueberries
5 fish oil pills

First Tea
8oz chicken mixed in:
40grams tomato sauce
1tbsp macadamia nut oil

10 ounces broccoli
1tbsp olive oil
5 fish oil pills

Second Tea
8 ounches 90% lean ground beef
5 fish oil pills
10 ounces broccoli

Dinner
Steak
Green Vegetables
5 Fish oil pills

Bedtime
6-8 ounces wild salmon OR protein shake consisting of primarily micellar casein
green vegetables
1tbsp macadamia nut oil

3-4 Litres of water daily.

On workout days, it would be the same, except you would add a post workout shake, such as Surge (sold on this site) or something similar in makeup, consisting of carbs and protein.

This is a rough guide of how I would do things based on the information you provided. Providing more information such as :

-how often you play football
-what time of the day you play football/ train with weights
-bodyfat percentage

would help out, too. Good luck.