New Joe Averge Strength Video

They only allow single ply in THSPA. And the school supplies z suits. The amount of time spent in these suits is close to none.

[quote]chazdaman wrote:
I commented on his video and he said Muscular Development interviewed him. And he said my DL sucked.[/quote]

blocked me from posting, can you ask him if any of the kids can deadlift 400+?

I feel sorry for the kids. That dude is a fucking dumbass.

wait thats how you’re supposed do squats? damn, I’ve been wasting my time with little weights when I could be doing 600lbs… for reps!

/sarcasm

[quote]HERC410 wrote:

[quote]chazdaman wrote:
I commented on his video and he said Muscular Development interviewed him. And he said my DL sucked.[/quote]

blocked me from posting, can you ask him if any of the kids can deadlift 400+?[/quote]

Yea he just blocked me too. I PMd him though.

I love the reference to the kid squatting 250 ATG versus the kid in a suit squatting 500 “parallel” (which i don’t think he really knows what that is based on the training vids). He’s like “The guy squatting ATG isn’t going to win in a football game”. Well yes he is because he’s training for full raw development and last time I checked you can’t wear a squat suit under football pads. What a dummy this guy is. He really doesn’t understand that gear is more pertinent to the sport of powerlifting rather than a training tool that universally applies to all training. Talk about a back alley fly by night strength coach.

Like this jackass even knows what parallel is.

Oh by the way when are Lineman ever in a Linebackers stance?

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Like this jackass even what knows what parellel is.

Oh by the way when are Lineman ever in a Linbackers stance?[/quote]

Apparently he’s learned from Louie Simmons and Dave Tate…

^^ Ouch

Like I told him, his “system” will never make it outside of that basement gym. Strength is important for football, but this shit doesn’t make a lick of sense. I’m not bashing the kids b/c I know it’s not their fault, but none of them look any kind of athletic or built.

that is so painful to watch.

He’s a joke, I met him a few times. He’s a total gear whore in a bad way. He’s a fairly strong guy without his bs. There was a video of Jim squatting 800 way above parallel. Weighing maybe 220.

He believes on strong band tension for example. Not bad at times, but he’s seriously delusional.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]HERC410 wrote:

[quote]jsmiley07 wrote:
not every Texas high school powerlifting coach is like this one.[/quote]

i think he said he’s in Pennsylvania.[/quote]
Correct, and I think he’s either full if crap, delusional or both. He’s not taken very seriously.[/quote]

I live in Texas and played high school football. Are coaches took our strongest guys and appearantly they went to a powerlifting meet. I remember them telling me about bench shirts but we had always trained raw with full range of motion and as far as I know, they squatted raw at their meet. But we actually had strong guys (myself not included…I was a weak little string bean lol)…nothing like THAT bullshit!

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Like this jackass even what knows what parallel is.

Oh by the way when are Lineman ever in a Linebackers stance?[/quote]
Some of the ugliest squats I’ve ever seen. Wow!

Something he said does make me wonder. Its true that you do never have to squat all the way down in football so why do we? I know that we should squat all the way down I just dont know the reason?

Can’t stand that guy. You’d think that after 90% ‘No Lifts’ at that meet he’d get a clue. Hell, I’m suprised the lifts they called good were white lighted.

He blocked me from comments too.

Anyone else noticed what the ratio is to the “like/dislike” on virtually every one of his videos? I know it’s Youtube but damn!

Maybe he just fucking hates kids? It would be more comforting to know that his long term goal is to cripple random teenager, at least then this would all make so much more sense.

In that last video, none of the kids could even squat in a straight line laterally. One side of the bar would hit the pin and knock them all over the place, and their “coach” never said a thing.

Motherofpearl2: It activates more muscle is the simplest explanation. Glutes and hamstrings come into play more. You can’t let things like that from people like him make you question what you already know. When are football players actually in a stance that’s as wide as he is teaching? Rarely(Edit: Just making a point, all stances can help build the optimal base). But even if he was correct, it doesn’t matter if they never go below parallel on the field, because he obviously doesn’t know what parallel means.

[quote]BrianHanson wrote:
Maybe he just fucking hates kids? It would be more comforting to know that his long term goal is to cripple random teenager, at least then this would all make so much more sense.[/quote]

This actually is a very reasonable explanation