New Job, Less Time to Cook

Hi guys, i’ve got a new job which takes up a lot of my time. I’m fresh out of college where i was able to cook meals all day long! Now i havent time to cook as i used to and i was hoping you guys could give me tips/ideas for quick meals or easy meals to get my calories up!

I’m currently on a lean bulk and aiming for 4000-5000 calories a day.

nobody?

i’ve gone from lovely cooked meals to sandwiches and protien shakes! :confused:

buy some pyrex containers then every sunday cook enough food for that day as well as 5 lunches and 5 dinners. microwaves are a beautiful invention.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
buy some pyrex containers then every sunday cook enough food for that day as well as 5 lunches and 5 dinners. microwaves are a beautiful invention.[/quote]

Same problem as op. ^^^ This is the solution. You save cooking and cleaning time. I have a 3 week old son now and still pull it off.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
buy some pyrex containers then every sunday cook enough food for that day as well as 5 lunches and 5 dinners. microwaves are a beautiful invention.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks mate!

You mean freeze a load of them and take them out the nght before or something?

I’ll actually enjoy a sunday of cooking!!

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:

Sweet, thanks mate!

You mean freeze a load of them and take them out the nght before or something?

I’ll actually enjoy a sunday of cooking!![/quote]

I’m not rolling with the highest culinary standards I’m the first to admit it. I can do all my cooking Sunday and have no problem eating it out of the fridge for the week. Its really Monday through Friday I need to have pre-cooked food on hand. Mainly protein.

I’m not talking anything too fancy just brown up a bunch of ground beef, cook a bunch of chicken breasts and maybe something else like a turkey breast or some other roast. Make a bunch of hard-boiled eggs etc.

If you like cooking and want to get fancier there is tons of information on the web about bulk cooking. Apparently a lot of housewives are into it.