T Nation

New iPod Shuffle

1gig (about 240 songs) and about 12 hour battery life.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
1gig (about 240 songs) and about 12 hour battery life.[/quote]

Good. I can finally get rid of these.

The new Shuffle is $79

Here is the new iPod Nano. It comes in 2gig, 4 gig and 8gig. The prices are $149, $199 and $249. Its made out of brushed aluminum. Like the old iPod Mini.

2gig $149 (Silver)

4gig $199 (Silver, Green, Blue, Pink)

8gig $249 (Black)

The new iPods (original ones) are beefed up to 30gig and 80gig. $249 (60gig) and $349 (80gig). Black or white for either version.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Good. I can finally get rid of these.[/quote]

I have about 1000lp’s stored away. I wont ever sell them but I dont have the time to digitally store them. Most of the stuff I have you’re not able to buy or ahem…permanently borrow it from a file sharing service. It just doesnt exist. A lot of the shit is limited run underground bootlegs. Some records I only have have press runs in the hundreds.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Good. I can finally get rid of these.

I have about 1000lp’s stored away. I wont ever sell them but I dont have the time to digitally store them. Most of the stuff I have you’re not ably to buy it or ahem…permanently borrow it from a file sharing service. It just doesnt exist. A lot of the shit is limited run underground bootlegs. Some records I only have have press runs in the hundreds.[/quote]

Yup same here, I know I have stuff that’ll never see Cd and maybe not even file sharing. I’m hoping at some point to burn most of it to hard disc, DVD Audio or the like. I have quite a few Audiphile type LP’s. It’s funny looking at a 1000+ LP’s and the equivalent amount of disc space. I’ll never give up my turntable. Damn I use to modify the early CD palyers to sound better( Analog) L.

plus vinyl doesn’t sound like shit the way an mp3 does.

cool lookin shuffle though.

I have 3rd Generation 15gb Ipod and I’m not that impressed with it. The battery life sucks balls. If I didn’t get it for free I would be pissed that I spent that much money on the damn thing.

When I get a bigger one i’m looking at different brands. Anyone have any good suggestions?

[quote]dre wrote:
I have 3rd Generation 15gb Ipod and I’m not that impressed with it. The battery life sucks balls. If I didn’t get it for free I would be pissed that I spent that much money on the damn thing.

When I get a bigger one i’m looking at different brands. Anyone have any good suggestions? [/quote]

Yeah, iPod 5th generation.

I have the new generation shuffle. It works great. Best things about it, battery life and very small size.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
dre wrote:

When I get a bigger one i’m looking at different brands. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Yeah, iPod 5th generation.[/quote]

So, you are sold on the Ipod huh?

[quote]marathe wrote:

cool lookin shuffle though.[/quote]

I never understood the fascination with vinyl. If you get a high quality MP3 it sounds perfectly fine. I never could hear the “warmth” of vinyl,but maybe I’m too young to know the difference.

[quote]DNIC75 wrote:
I have the new generation shuffle. It works great. Best things about it, battery life and very small size.[/quote]

What do you mean new? The one the just announced 3 hours ago?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
dre wrote:

Yeah, iPod 5th generation.[/quote]

I had an RCA player before my ipod and it took forever to load songs on it, to charge, and to even start the damn thing up. It was also HUUUUUGE.

You can change the battery on your current one if that’s what’s pissing you off most.

[quote]marathe wrote:

cool lookin shuffle though.[/quote]

And it’s a helluva lot easier to walk around carrying a generator, turntable and multiple LPs to listen to tunes on the go. I don’t know why we ever moved away from them to begin with. It all started going downhill when they moved away from 78 rpms.

DB

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
marathe wrote:

cool lookin shuffle though.

I never understood the fascination with vinyl. If you get a high quality MP3 it sounds perfectly fine. I never could hear the “warmth” of vinyl,but maybe I’m too young to know the difference.[/quote]

I can tell the difference. But I used to be a DJ nd listened to a lot of vinyl. I dont really care though. A good MP3 is fine with me.

[quote]dre wrote:
So, you are sold on the Ipod huh?[/quote]

Everyone I know has one and has used one without any problems. Everything after 1st gen are fine. The new products they just announced are sharp.

How much is the new shuffle?

Don’t think I saw the price.

Ipods definitely rock. Being able to download a movie onto the thing and know that if you’re in a waiting room or taking a dump you have access to your favorite films is just way too cool for school baby.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

Ipods definitely rock. Being able to download a movie onto the thing and know that if you’re in a waiting room or taking a dump you have access to your favorite films is just way too cool for school baby.[/quote]

My PSP is better when it comes to movies and take along video games.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BradTGIF wrote:

Ipods definitely rock. Being able to download a movie onto the thing and know that if you’re in a waiting room or taking a dump you have access to your favorite films is just way too cool for school baby.

My PSP is better when it comes to movies and take along video games.[/quote]

True, true, the screen on those things kicks ass.

I’m an Ipod guy though, it’s whats good for me in the realm of overall versatility. Tunes in the gym and car, movies on the crapper, etc.