T Nation

New Ideas in Training/S+C

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Isn’t there research into ways to engineer the human type of muscle into say the muscle type of a chimp, tiger, etc?

I wonder how much a Tiger can deadlift. o_O[/quote]

They should figure out how to engineer muscle with the same strength as the jaw muscles. I saw somewhere that if a person’s biceps had the same strength per weight as their jaw muscles, they would be able to curl 500 lb dumbbells.

Can you imagine a human with that kind of strength? Squatting 5000 for reps and shit.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

Isn’t there research into ways to engineer the human type of muscle into say the muscle type of a chimp, tiger, etc?

I wonder how much a Tiger can deadlift. o_O[/quote]

They should figure out how to engineer muscle with the same strength as the jaw muscles. I saw somewhere that if a person’s biceps had the same strength per weight as their jaw muscles, they would be able to curl 500 lb dumbbells.

Can you imagine a human with that kind of strength? Squatting 5000 for reps and shit.[/quote]

I wonder how much that has to do with muscle placement in relation to joint configuration. I’m sure someone like Prof. X would know better, but it seems that most of the jaw muscle has a direct pull across the joint without losing force to leverage against it.

Similar to the trap major in the shrugging motion. With a direct pull, most people can shrug some significant weight because of the very short, direct contraction.

There isn’t much we can do with bio-mechanics or joint/muscle configurations.

Although it isn’t very sexy, I think that there will be a future in the use of monitoring devices like the Tendo unit or enhanced video analysis to optimize and contour training techniques and details of performance in ways the were previously not feasible.

That first post I made in the thread was just dicking around.

and they don’t have opposable thumbs.
[/quote]

Straps?

S