T Nation

New Holland ls190 Tractor Wheels Locked

Hey. So I know there have to be some individuals on here who know tractors. I have a New Holland LS190 and the wheels are locked and I cant move it. I am trying to load it to a flatbed. Do any of you know if it has a way of releasing the wheels. Like putting a car in neutral. Otherwise I will be using a winch and a whole lot of oil to drag it up the bed. Something I would rather not do. Thanks.

Pick up the phone and call a New Holland dealer. That’s the first thing I would do. Is that a skid steer? Those fuckers are pretty heavy; winching it up with locked wheels sounds like trouble to me.

Is the flatbed a tilt bed, or are you going up ramps?

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Pick up the phone and call a New Holland dealer. That’s the first thing I would do. Is that a skid steer? Those fuckers are pretty heavy; winching it up with locked wheels sounds like trouble to me. [/quote]

Yea, like 8000 lbs of trouble. Call the dealer.

Is this machine new to you?

[quote]Will207 wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Pick up the phone and call a New Holland dealer. That’s the first thing I would do. Is that a skid steer? Those fuckers are pretty heavy; winching it up with locked wheels sounds like trouble to me. [/quote]

Is this machine new to you?[/quote]

I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the cable when it snaps, that’s for sure.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

Is this machine new to you?

Are all the wheels locked or just one side?

Yeah I am not too familiar with it. The dealer was not answering but I finally got a hold of them and there is no way to unlock the wheels. Its a 10000 lb tractor. I manged to get it up the bed of the truck with some 80 w 90 gear oil to help it slide. Actually came up relatively easy once it was on the aluminum bed.

[quote]A-rod wrote:
Yeah I am not too familiar with it. The dealer was not answering but I finally got a hold of them and there is no way to unlock the wheels. Its a 10000 lb tractor. I manged to get it up the bed of the truck with some 80 w 90 gear oil to help it slide. Actually came up relatively easy once it was on the aluminum bed. [/quote]

Good work. I was thinking treated wood bed on the trailer like my flatbed has; I can see it sliding much better on slick aluminum.