New Here...

Lurked for a while and decided to join up…

35yrs old…competed in strongman in my early twenties…had to quit to to battle with cancer…then spent years feeling sorry for my self…

Been lifting and training hard for the past 19 months…making good progress…may do competition here in WV 4/30/11…just depends on if I’ll be able to complete all events in HVY weight div…could care less about placing just want to be able to finish the race…

Most of my lifting experience has come from my own trial and error…

I’m here to learn from others experience…

Thanks

Hey RCKM5K,

I’m fairly new as well. I wish you the most liberating and kick ass journey as you commit to getting strong and moving heavy stuff. It’s seriously the best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

I moved a 300# stand mixer at a friend’s bakery last week and I thought, “my life is awesome because I can do this.”

Cheers to hard work and the sweet payoff!

Thanks for the welcome…

It is an awesome feeling when hard work pays off…

Did some super yoke and one arm dumbell work at a friends house last night…

Super yoke went pretty well (610*30ft)…one arm dumbell is going to need much more work…had trouble with a little over 100 lbs…

Thanks again

Thats awesome that you are coming back, have fun with it, it is rewarding, Ive been competing for nine years and have moved to the Master’s division which around here in Wisconsin, is pretty competitive with the old man talent we have.

Welcome!

Ya…

I noticed the forum for lifters over 35…there is a definate difference between my lifting in my twenties and now!!!

Used to be able to get away with things then that I can’t now…

Thanks again…