T Nation

New Here

Hi guys and gals. I’m new here obviously.
I’ve been working out for about 4 months now and have made progress. Just introducing myself.

Here’s a pic from February.

What’s your current stats (BF%, weight, height), routine, and diet like? Also how much progress have you made so far and how have you achieved it? Feel free to open up, you can get more beneficial feed back if you do.

Oh, and also, welcome!

Last time I checked, about 2 months ago my bodyfat% was 35%.

Height 5-2
Weight 165(2 months ago might have gained or lost)

Right now I am on a 5 day workout split

day 1-chest
day 2-back
day 3-legs
day 4-shoulders
day 5-arms

I have a feeling that my workout is no good.

My diet is like this:

I just cut out all soda and bread and junk food(ice cream etc)

I also started taking whey protein.

Breakfast-usually eggs and oatmeal

snack-whey protein(24grams protein)

Lunch-rice and beans(sometimes chicken added in)

snack-whey protein(24 grams protein)

Dinner-usually messed up but for the past week i’ve been making my own bean tortillas

Also eat one piece of fruit a day and i drink water all day long.

Ok here’s a recent pic.

Oh and I’ve made this progress with my 5 day program. No cardio at all in the 4 months i’ve been working out.

Today is the first day I’ve done cardio in over a year.

45 minute light jog.

[quote]stocky79 wrote:
Last time I checked, about 2 months ago my bodyfat% was 35%.

Height 5-2
Weight 165(2 months ago might have gained or lost)

Right now I am on a 5 day workout split

day 1-chest
day 2-back
day 3-legs
day 4-shoulders
day 5-arms

I have a feeling that my workout is no good.
[/quote]

It could be more “efficient”
Mon- Chest and back
Tues- legs and calves
Wed- sleep
Thurs- shoulders and traps
Fri- arms
Sat- go outside and play some basketball or something, you’re fat it wont hurt I promise

[quote]stocky79 wrote:
My diet is like this:

Dinner-usually messed up but for the past week i’ve been making my own bean tortillas

Ok here’s a recent pic.

[/quote]

For lunch make it rice and chicken or beans and chicken. But always, always, always eat meat/egg/protein powder every time you sit down to eat. For dinner stop eating fucking torillas bro, get some lean ground beef/lean steak, or fish, or ground turkey. eat your fruit with breakfast. Where’s the veggies? you need the micro nutrients, add some veggies with lunch and dinner.

If you ever have a question, search for the answer. Can’t find it? don’t be afraid to ask. Oh yea, AND KEEP READING.

[quote]daneq wrote:
stocky79 wrote:
My diet is like this:

Ok here’s a recent pic.

For lunch make it rice and chicken or beans and chicken. But always, always, always eat meat/egg/protein powder every time you sit down to eat. For dinner stop eating fucking torillas bro, get some lean ground beef/lean steak, or fish, or ground turkey. eat your fruit with breakfast. Where’s the veggies? you need the micro nutrients, add some veggies with lunch and dinner.

If you ever have a question, search for the answer. Can’t find it? don’t be afraid to ask. Oh yea, AND KEEP READING.[/quote]

I’m thinking of switching the workout to the lactate inducing one in the destroying fat article.

As far as diet goes…

There’s really no way around NOT planning my meals out.

Time to go shopping.

Thanks guys

[quote]stocky79 wrote:
Oh and I’ve made this progress with my 5 day program. No cardio at all in the 4 months i’ve been working out.

Today is the first day I’ve done cardio in over a year.

45 minute light jog.[/quote]

That definitely isn’t the right amount to start with. Aim for 3 times a week for an easy time, like 20 minutes, but do it at a pace that makes you work. Then, increase your time from there. If you start off with 45 minute cardio workouts, when you get to lower fat percentages and your body starts to adapt, you’ll end up doing 1 hour and 30 minute sessions, which aren’t fun.

If you do end up switching your workout to incorporate lactate inducing workouts, I’d recommend only 1 lactate session per week, with 3 heavy sessions with compounds in the 3-5 rep range for now.

You have a long way to go, so once you feel like your fat loss has stalled, switch to the upper/lower +2 lactates or push/pull + 2 lactates. And definitely do like a 30 min walk after the lactate session.

You have a big mountain to climb, don’t get discouraged and don’t give up. Others have done it in the past, and you’re just as mentally strong as any other, so you can do it too right?

Good luck bro