T Nation

New Here, Want Some Pointers


I actually just came across this forum yesterday while checking out feedback on novedex xt. Anyway, I used to work out allot around my late teen years at one point I was up to 260lbs.

I weigh about 200 now and I cant really say it was intentional. I just started working out again about 3-4 weeks ago and Ill be the first to say I really am not following any specific plan.

My reason for posting here is just for some direction from those who can give some advice, positive/negative feedback etc… My weakest points would have to be diet and work out regimen. I pretty much eat what ever and work out kind of randomly. Point me in the right direction.

Also I apologize for the crappy pic, my girl wont take pics for me so this is what i came up with. Ill try and update with some pics after a work out so i actually have a good pump going.

In regard to specs, if it helps here they are.
6 ft
200 (roughly)
Supplements
Whey protein
Novedex (just trying it out)
Glutimine

Do you only work your arms? They seem extremely disproportionate to the rest of your body. Concentrate on working your chest, which looks really small next to your arms, and expect to get blasted for coming on this site and saying that you work out randomly and eat whatever you want.

Choose a chest specialization program, and set some goals. Good luck

[quote]animalmj wrote:
Do you only work your arms? They seem extremely disproportionate to the rest of your body. Concentrate on working your chest, which looks really small next to your arms, and expect to get blasted for coming on this site and saying that you work out randomly and eat whatever you want.

Choose a chest specialization program, and set some goals. Good luck[/quote]

Thank you for your comments. I actually work allot more chest than arms, but point well taken. In regard to getting “blasted” I say bring it. The mature veterans are sure to say something constructive that will help me be more balanced. In regard to diet and exercise I am in sales and schedule is crazy so I try and fit it in as much as possible.

Once more all feedback is welcomed though as mentioned before, I want to take it up a notch.

I wont flame you because it’s too easy. My suggestion would be to come onto this site, do a comprehensive search on everything involving nutrition and training principles, and read every single article you find.

Get a solid program and a solid diet, then follow it strictly. If you get both from this site, train with serious intensity, and keep a food log with proper nutrition, you will see results.

It takes a lot of will power, dedication, sacrifice, and most of all, if it’s not working then you’re not following it correctly or you’re kidding yourself.

Eat more make sure you have alot of compound excercises. And always try to use more weight or more reps on your excercises and if that fails change the excercise or just put it first in your workout.

“My weakest points would have to be diet and work out regimen. I pretty much eat what ever and work out kind of randomly.”

So what are your strong points?

May I suggest this program -
Westside for Skinny Bastards
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

And this diet -
T-Dawg Diet 2.0
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=473067

Start today with these and start reading - the random article tab is great and always seems to come up with something interesting.

If you want to know whats good and not so good you need to post better pictures. Your pics sucks.

[quote]Timme wrote:
If you want to know whats good and not so good you need to post better pictures. Your pics sucks.[/quote]

You look cross-eyed in your picture. Ophthalmologists are making new advances every day in corrective lenses. Check that out. Oh, and shut the bathroom door. Leaving it open just lets the stink spread to the rest of the house. This is no good.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
You look cross-eyed in your picture. Ophthalmologists are making new advances every day in corrective lenses. Check that out. Oh, and shut the bathroom door. Leaving it open just lets the stink spread to the rest of the house. This is no good.[/quote]

Not cross eyed bro but thanks. Also thanks for the kind words, I wasnt sure what to expect but now I know.

Definitely read up on articles here, there’s some great stuff and it’s continuing to teach me a lot as well.