T Nation

New: Here Tell Me If I'm Doing Things Right

I started working out about a month and a half ago I am 6’5 about 175 when I started so im pretty tall and lean. I have been hitting the gym about 4 times a week working chest,shoulders,back,arms,legs.

I have gained about 5lbs and my strength has increased a lot from when I first started. this is what i have been taking as far as supplements

Morning: throw down a few peanut butter sandwiches or oatmeal followed by a cytogainer and a fish oil pill

lunch: maybe some subway or whatever is around just because im at work

get home take a fish oil and eat a snack

take a no explode and go work out

Dinner: Get home from working out have a nice dinner

Right before bed take a fish oil pill and a cytogainer shake

My goal is to put on weight and muscle mass

so what do ya guys think?

eat more, stop using no xplode. It’s a scam. You aren’t eating enough, You need to eat more meat, veggies, and then more meat. Give us a structured lifting routine to critique.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
eat more, stop using no xplode. It’s a scam. You aren’t eating enough, You need to eat more meat, veggies, and then more meat. Give us a structured lifting routine to critique.[/quote]

Also a structured diet plan for us to look at as well.

OP, WTF does “a nice dinner” mean?

Massive Eating parts I and II

Read them then get back to us.

I wouldn’t take Cytogainer before bed as it contains a lot of other nutrients other than protein. Save the whey protein shake for before and after your workout, and some during breakfast.

Pack your lunch for work as well. Don’t be satisfied with eating what is just around. If you are afraid of people taking your food, put a cooler in your car, and store your food there until your lunch break.

And yes, eat much more than that. 5-6 meals per day, otherwise, your efforts in the gym will yield mediocre results.

thanks!

“Save the whey protein shake for before and after your workout, and some during breakfast.”

I respectfully must disagree.

Save the whey protein shake for immediately before or after your workout when you need instant protein nourishment. Before bed, consuming a slower digesting protein like casein (milk) or albumin (egg) so you body can have a steady supply through your 8 hour slumber. Make sure you actually get ~8, by the way.

More fish oil! Your only taking 3 a day? Double that or triple it if money is OK.
I’d take the protein at breakfast-needs to be a large (calory wise) meal with plenty of protein and carbs. Don’t get scared of carbs- you need them. Protein shake straight after training then have your nice dinner about an hour after the gym, if you can.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
“Save the whey protein shake for before and after your workout, and some during breakfast.”

I respectfully must disagree.

Save the whey protein shake for immediately before or after your workout when you need instant protein nourishment. Before bed, consuming a slower digesting protein like casein (milk) or albumin (egg) so you body can have a steady supply through your 8 hour slumber. Make sure you actually get ~8, by the way.[/quote]

Well, I take mine before and after my workout, but that is due to the reason that I workout at 7:30 in the morning for football so I eat at 6:15; although, I cannot eat solid food before seven as it gets digested to slowly.

But I have always heard before and after the workout as advice, not before or after. I also used to take it in the morning at times because that was the quickest was I could get protein.