New Here, Need Help with Doctor

They’ll probably want to try clomid and or only an AI first if they’re like most. To encourage natural production and all.

Then they’ll want to try 200mg every other week if you’re lucky, if you don’t feel so terrible after clomid that you actually go back to them.

Then, maybe, you’ll get them to let you do injections at home to increase the frequency. Maybe.

Then good luck letting you increase to more than 100mg/week.

There’s a reason so many people just go to TRT clinics.

I hadn’t even considered they might want to do clomid first. Certainly a possibility.

I was able to get the max 200mg/week prescription from my Endo based on needing extra supply for work travel and on the condition I don’t provide any labwork with Testosterone (Free or Total) above the reference ranges (i.e. no supraphysiological labs allowed), which I think was a fair deal. We don’t need to be treated like children when it comes to this stuff but some doc’s out there still do unfort.

I think all docs should at least prescribe 20mg-40mg/week extra so you can build up extra supply for logistical reasons, especially if you head away on vacation or are out-of-country and can’t fly back just to pick up your prescription renewal. This is especially the case if you can only renew your prescription monthly rather than get a 3 month supply each time (I think this depends on state laws?). When I was on 100mg/week prescription and on monthly renewal, I would go weeks after month-end with no testosterone to inject as I was travelling, so went to Endo and said “wtf type of treatment protocol is this” and they understood. I also don’t come across to my Endo as wanting to get jacked with muscle so maybe that approach helped too in reducing skepticism…

On clomid, I was given the option to try, and it wasn’t a requirement. Testing for whether you are primary or secondary hypogonadal via clomid is maybe more a nice-to-know than a need-to-know? What was more important were the pre-diagnostic tests the Endo did to rule out any OTHER factors that could cause low testosterone (disease, pituitary tumor, thyroid, diet/drinking, hereditary factors, etc.).

Yea but I only have one testicle as stated so I don’t really think I’m the same as everyone else as far as natural production. I don’t see how they can deny it since I have one testicle and extremely low numbers for my age.

I don’t intend on playing games going back and forth with him. I’m the patient and I plan on being direct with him. If he doesn’t go the route I want I plan on going to telemedicine.

Yes I agree with this I’m not trying to gain anything just want to be normal or feel normal. I don’t need more muscle just more energy.

Some docs have a superiority complex and don’t really like patients questioning them. Hopefully he is receptive. Being down a ball should help your case, I’d hope anyways.

Right haha. I’ll gladly pay out of pocket if I have to. What’s a good clinic for telemedicine trt?

I use Dr Saya @ Defy, not sure what others are common right now. I almost went to tier1 but didn’t, you’d have to make a trip to TN for the first visit if you used them but supposedly he’s pretty good too

I use defy as well

Actually you do not have to make the trip during COVID. I would give his office a call. Thats one thing good thats come from COVID HAHA.

1 Like

Ah! That’s awesome haha

1 Like

Go to youtube keith nichols and his wife anghie nichols. you will get one on one treatment, answers and real help. He is my doctor and many others here. During Covid you dont have to travel either.

Defy is a clinic. Tier1 is not . tier1 is the steakhouse and defy is the drive thru at mcdonalds.

I mean no offense to defy patients, but ive used defy and many of my friends have. Since my doctor is tier1 i know the difference. You wont know until you actually work with someone like tier1.

I think a better analogy would be McDonald’s vs a Brazilian steakhouse where you pay one price and get all the meat you want :sweat_smile:

Defy will pretty much give you what you want at this point, but you have to pay for each visit and it’s usually a 2 week wait to get in with Saya. Some of the less busy docs there can get you in in a day or two and they are somewhat helpful via email but nothing great.

Tier1 is a lot more $$ up front but you get unlimited access to Nichols for a year, no pay per consult type stuff

Meds kind of are what they are in terms of prices… both places you buy what you need and it’s separate from the consult fee or fees.

Labs, same thing. You pay for what you need more or less.

That would be nice cause I don’t really want to fly somewhere for this haha.

1 Like

How do labs work without going there?

He can put in an order with labcorp or quest diagnostic and you just go to your nearest provider. A few states don’t allow that though NY, for instance.

Ok looks like there’s one in burlington.

Looks like someone answered below.

Doctor wanted to run some blood before going over trt treatments. I’m going in tomorrow to hopefully start treatment not sure if it will be gel or injection.
Latest test results
Lh-6.5
Fsh-12.5
Prolactin-5.5