New Here, Need Help w/ GCT

so, i’ve been a fan for about 6 months now, love the stuff, writers straight up AWESOME, and i’ve never needed to post on forums…until now. i was looking for something to follow up my 10x3 that i’m starting on in a couple months, and i stumbled on an article from Poliquin where he talked about GCT, so it intruged me…i searched for it, and came up w/ the article “Lactic Acid Training for Fat Loss”(sorry, don’t remember how to link stuff) and i was reading it, got to the workouts and was like “Oh circuits, this seems simple enough…I’ve put myself through some tough circuits ever w/ HIIT before, and this looks a lil bit easier.” even though i was really thinking “It looks easier, but Poliquin is like…not gonna do something thats easy.” so i scroll down and get to this…

�?� Use a 40X0 tempo on the sets of 6; a 20X0 tempo on the sets of 12; and a 10X0 tempo on the sets of 25.

is that right? 40 seconds for 6, 20 secondsfor 12, and 10 seconds for 25?

also, has anybody tried it?

[quote]bwhite829 wrote:
so, i’ve been a fan for about 6 months now, love the stuff, writers straight up AWESOME, and i’ve never needed to post on forums…until now. i was looking for something to follow up my 10x3 that i’m starting on in a couple months, and i stumbled on an article from Poliquin where he talked about GCT, so it intruged me…i searched for it, and came up w/ the article “Lactic Acid Training for Fat Loss”(sorry, don’t remember how to link stuff) and i was reading it, got to the workouts and was like “Oh circuits, this seems simple enough…I’ve put myself through some tough circuits ever w/ HIIT before, and this looks a lil bit easier.” even though i was really thinking “It looks easier, but Poliquin is like…not gonna do something thats easy.” so i scroll down and get to this…

�?� Use a 40X0 tempo on the sets of 6; a 20X0 tempo on the sets of 12; and a 10X0 tempo on the sets of 25.

is that right? 40 seconds for 6, 20 secondsfor 12, and 10 seconds for 25?

also, has anybody tried it?

[/quote]

‘tempo’ refers to the way the weight should be lifted, the most advanced way to describe is 4 numbers e.g. ABCD,

A= An eccentric or negative portion (the lowering of the weight)

B= A pause in the stretched or “bottom” position

C= A concentric portion (the actual lifting part)

D= A pause in the contracted or “top” position

40X0 means 4 seconds eccentric, no pause at bottom, X seconds concentric (as fast as possible), no pause at the ‘lockout’

i know what tempo is, but i’ve always seen it as ABC. I’ve never seen the lockout portion on the tempo, and if thats the case 40X0= 40 sec eccentric, no pause, and then up as fast as possible…

but anyway, i like 4 seconds much more than 40, and didn’t think there was any way it could possibly be a 40 second eccentric, so thanks for clearin it up.