T Nation

New Here, Just Finished Smolov

1st post.I’m Keith, just wanted to introduce myself.I haven’t competed in a powerlifting meet yet, but would like to in the future.I used to train a bodybuilding type routine, tried WS4SB, high volume similar to Sheiko, and just finished doing a base mesocycle of Smolov.I have been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to join in.
Keith

Does shaving your pubes make your wang look bigger, keith?

Good luck with your training!

Hopefully, you get a chance to compete soon.

[b]TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL[/b]

“Does shaving your pubes make your wang look bigger, keith?”
People use the word BELIEVE when they think something is so, yet have no proof to back it up.Answer: I KNOW shaving my pubes makes my wang look bigger!! I have been following your training on here for a little while Hanley, and of course look forward to any other questions you have about my wang.

Good luck with your training!

Hopefully, you get a chance to compete soon.

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Thank you

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Does shaving your pubes make your wang look bigger, keith?[/quote]

rotflcopter.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Welcome to T-Nation dude.

Could I ask a favour? Could you please change your avatar?

I’m sure you are proud of your bod, and that’s cool, but we don’t need to see it all the time, especially when there’s entirely too much groin area visible.[/quote]

I second this notion.

Put up the pic of your back instead.

How’d Smolov work for you?

[quote]KeithJones wrote:
I KNOW shaving my pubes makes my wang look bigger!! I have been following you for a little while Hanley, and of course look forward to any other questions you have about my wang.
[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:

I’m sure you are proud of your bod, and that’s cool, but we don’t need to see it all the time, especially when there’s entirely too much groin area visible.[/quote]

Exactly. I’m sorry Keith but you honestly have to change your avatar. It makes me feel really uncomfortable and dirty.

[quote]rudilerm wrote:
AlteredState wrote:

I’m sure you are proud of your bod, and that’s cool, but we don’t need to see it all the time, especially when there’s entirely too much groin area visible.

Exactly. I’m sorry Keith but you honestly have to change your avatar. It makes me feel really uncomfortable and dirty.[/quote]

Sorry guys, fixed.

[quote]Joe Grim wrote:
How’d Smolov work for you?[/quote]

It worked great.I injured my lower back in the last workout before testing for a new max though.I would say I put 30-40lbs on my max just based on the workouts prior to the injury.It was challenging but fun at the same time.It was my first time trying Smolov, but I will do it again in the future.You get lots of practice squatting which helped me a bunch, my squat has always been my worst lift so I figured Smolov would be a great way to bring it up.

what happened to your deadlift during smolov, what is it now, compared to before?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
what happened to your deadlift during smolov, what is it now, compared to before?[/quote]

My deadlift improved quite a bit. I gained weight on smolov from force feeding-not much fat surprisingly- so all my lifts went up actually.

Edit: I also just finished the entire smolov program-including intense, switching, and starting phases ext- about 2 weeks ago so figured I’d share my gains. I don’t think I’ll do it again for a while but it was fun-in a weird way- and helped create a lot of mental toughness.

[quote]shizen wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
what happened to your deadlift during smolov, what is it now, compared to before?

My deadlift improved quite a bit. I gained weight on smolov from force feeding-not much fat surprisingly- so all my lifts went up actually.

Edit: I also just finished the entire smolov program-including intense, switching, and starting phases ext- about 2 weeks ago so figured I’d share my gains. I don’t think I’ll do it again for a while but it was fun-in a weird way- and helped create a lot of mental toughness. [/quote]

Fun!!

I’m about to start week 3 of the base mesocycle and in the last 2 days I’ve Squatted 407 for 7 sets of 5 and 435 for 10 sets of 3. I wish I’d never heard of it.

The 2 of you who have said it was fun must be nuts.

Sorry about that -I’m feeling a little tired right now:)

Good Luck
Chris

[quote]Youch wrote:
shizen wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Edit: I also just finished the entire smolov program-including intense, switching, and starting phases ext- about 2 weeks ago so figured I’d share my gains. I don’t think I’ll do it again for a while but it was fun-in a weird way- and helped create a lot of mental toughness.

Fun!!

I’m about to start week 3 of the base mesocycle and in the last 2 days I’ve Squatted 407 for 7 sets of 5 and 435 for 10 sets of 3. I wish I’d never heard of it.

Good Luck
Chris[/quote]

Hah during it I felt like non stop hell, but when you look back on it seems like a good experience-in a weird way- hard to explain till you finish haha. Might just be the gratification of it being over and finishing such a mad man program.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
what happened to your deadlift during smolov, what is it now, compared to before?[/quote]

I didn’t deadlift the entire cycle, not even lighter speed deads.I haven’t been able to test the deadlift either because of my lower back injury.I would still say that at worst it stayed the same, and I would not have been surprised if it went up.

I did Smolov without a belt (which may or may not be why I injured my lower back) but I think that would of carried over well to the deads.I also benched twice a week, a heavier day and reps day and my bench went up a little.I deadlift conventional by the way.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Youch wrote:
shizen wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Fun!!

Good Luck
Chris

Hah during it I felt like non stop hell, but when you look back on it seems like a good experience-in a weird way- hard to explain till you finish haha. Might just be the gratification of it being over and finishing such a mad man program.
[/quote]

I agree about becoming mentally tougher! I would tell my self 4sets of 9reps is easy because I ONLY have to do 4sets and the weight is light enough 9reps will be easy.Then I would say 5sets is only one more set than last workout but this time I ONLY gotta do 7reps.I found the 7sets of 5reps to be the hardest workouts to get thru.Then the 10sets of 3reps I would say this is ONLY 3reps so who cares?

I had really bad shoulder pain even though I warmed up before every workout.You just get used to it.I also found it helped to have all my work sets written out before hand.Each time I crossed off a set I felt closer to the finish line.I felt strong while doing Smolov but I was happy it was done.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.