New Here. Any Suggestions?

Hello to everyone here at T-Nation!

This is my first post in these forums and first of all, would like to congratulate all the members for their excellent contributions and attitude towards what i consider the most important matter of the recent years,that is the nutrition, exercise and well-being of people around the globe.

WELL DONE N KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Since i am the newest around here, i would like to present myself;

I am 28 years old in December. My weight is 82kgs and height 1,78m, bf is around 12% but im not sure about it. Will post a few pictures in a while so you can tell me your opinions. My training history goes as follows; as a youngster i played tennis and mountain-skied for teams until i started to reach competition level. I had to drop out because i was more interested in studying and time was not enough for both. Since then i still practise those two sports, but as hobbies.

I first stepped into a gym with the intention to bodybuild when i was 23, during my university years in the UK. I did not follow any specific program (because of inconsistencies in my way of living)but the results was an obvious drop in weight, an allround better feeling and attitude and a better me to look at.

This year (or last November more like it) i decided to practise weight training again, but this time for the long term. I made up my mind to follow an extremely healthy way of living plus i noticed that i was becoming very small due to long hours of soccer and swimming. The addition of training with weights was a must!!!

Here is my split routine;
MONDAY-Chest and Bi’s
Db chest press-4sets x 10 (plus 2 warm up and 1 burn out set)
Flat flies-4sets x 10
Incline Bb press-4sets x 10
Db pullovers-4sets x 10
Z-bar curls-4x10
Incline bench Db curls-4x10
Zottman curls-4x10

WEDNESDAY-Back and Tri’s
Pull ups-4x10 (bd weight)
Db bent-over rows-4x10
Still-leg deadlifts-4x10
Incl. reverse Db flyes-4x10

FRIDAY-Legs
Squats-4x10
Front&Back Curls-4x10 (supersetted)
Standing Calf raise-4x10
Sitted Calf raise-4x10

This program was suggested by the trainer who works for the gym i am attending when i told him that i would like to add some size to my frame.
CARDIO;

I try to involve enough cardio to my week as to not add a lot of fat. I play soccer for at least 90m (rigorous effort) three or two times/week on non-training days. Additionally, on training days (after my workout)i include 15m of highintensity cardio like cycling on stationary bike (hill mode) or suicides or skipping.

NUTRITION & SUPPS

I have not yet calculated my exact calories intake since the institute i am working for provides me with three meals daily;
8.30am- 6egg whites, 50gr of fullfat greek yogurt,1soup spoon of greek olive oil,3/4 of avocado, 1 glass of semi-skimmed milk and 1 cup of green tea.
12.30pm-2servings of Dymatize Elite Whey + 100g of green salad + 1 orange
17.30pm(pre-workout)-2servings of a creatine-nitric oxide formula + 1serving of royal jelly(best quality-not in pill form)
19.30pm(post workout)-100g of lean protein from whole food + 50g of greens
21.30pm- 2servings of Dymatize Elite Whey+ 1 orange.

COMMENTS

I know that my nutrition is not in check but i am trying to fix it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

On my choice of supps, i can say that it was not well educated. The protein is ok, although it does not have any carbs but the creatine-nitric oxide formula is v. expensive for its qualities. I am convinced from testimonials and general reading that Biotest is the way to go for supps and i would like to ask if the sales announced for March 3rd are still on and for how long.

This is all bros, thanx for reading!

Any criticism & comments would be appreciated.

I will upload pictures very soon.

Peace.

Your training is out of balance. Do you have some sort of imbalance in which you need to train your chest and biceps twice as much as the rest of your body? Probably not.

I would find a program form this site, or at least something balanced and more appropriate.
Rippetoe’s Starting strength:

You’re not a newbie to lifting, but your routine suggests a lack of knowledge. That’s ok, start reading here and educating yourself.

Re: Nutrition
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1793585
TESTOSTERONE NATION - Nutrition for Newbies, Part 1
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1795045
TESTOSTERONE NATION - Nutrition for Newbies, Part 2
those two are a great place to start. also look up the 7 habits of highly effective nutrition

The Creatine NO product is probably crap, get some plain ol’ creatine monohydrate, and a good quality protein powder.

Sorry the one day sale was just that , one day.

Hope that helps. keep asking questions.

Thanx PozzSka!

Pozzka
First of all, the link to Ripptoes article was great.thanx

However, why do u think i train my chest & twice as much as the rest of my body?

Can u give me a hint?

[quote]georgede wrote:
Pozzka

However, why do u think i train my chest & twice as much as the rest of my body?

Can u give me a hint?[/quote]

Simple (rounded) math. You do seven exercises that day, only four other days.

[quote]georgede wrote:
Pozzka

Can u give me a hint?[/quote]

"Here is my split routine;
MONDAY-Chest and Bi’s
Db chest press-4sets x 10 (plus 2 warm up and 1 burn out set)
Flat flies-4sets x 10
Incline Bb press-4sets x 10
Db pullovers-4sets x 10
Z-bar curls-4x10
Incline bench Db curls-4x10
Zottman curls-4x10

WEDNESDAY-Back and Tri’s
Pull ups-4x10 (bd weight)
Db bent-over rows-4x10
Still-leg deadlifts-4x10
Incl. reverse Db flyes-4x10

FRIDAY-Legs
Squats-4x10
Front&Back Curls-4x10 (supersetted)
Standing Calf raise-4x10
Sitted Calf raise-4x10 "

Chest - 17 sets
Upper Back - 12 sets
Lower back - 4 sets
Thighs - 12 sets
Biceps - 12 sets
Triceps - 0 sets
Calves - 8 sets
Shoulders - 0 sets

Total Compound - 21 sets
Total Isolation - 40 sets

Considering that compound exercises are way more effective than isolation, I’d say that is a bigger issue.

Stu

Thanks for clarifying Stu. I didn’t type it out.

Make sense dude?

Your back and Tri’s Day is only BACK Day…There’s not a single tricep exercise in there, try adding skullcrushers and Narrow grip bench or Weigthed Dips.

Also Don’t do both Incline BB press and Incline DB Press in one workout, alternate them in but your spinning your wheels doing both in one day…same goes for the seated and standing calf raises.

Oh…and add some Lunges to your Leg day!