T Nation

New Harry Potter

Two movies made for the last book. First part is released in November, part 2 is released July of next year.

I’m going!

I’ve heard that the first part is supposedly going to be shown in 3D? Anyone else heard this? Don’t know why they’d have one but not the other.

Any way, yes, I’m extremely pumped to see it. Thought the Half-Blood Prince was probably the best of the HP movies so far, to be honest.

I hope they manage to end these films with at least some kind of suspense or drama. They’ve all been pretty disappointing after Prisoner of Azkaban.

edit- yeah, looks like they’re fucking it up

I’m Hyped…who knew?

I am quite glad they made this into two parts. They better not mess up these movies as the last book was the best one.

Why is it okay to make fun of Twilight, but HP gets a free pass?

[quote]Otep wrote:
Why is it okay to make fun of Twilight, but HP gets a free pass?[/quote]

Because the HP stuff is about Kids fighting evil. Twilght is about Gay Vampires and AF Wearwolves passing as tough guys.

Harry Potter is ghey.

[quote]Otep wrote:

HP doesn’t deform magical lore the way Twilight does with vampires. And while I have gripes about certain HP movies, they’re still vastly superior to Twilight.

edit- oh I forgot. The male “hero” in the Twilight series couldn’t even make it through one HP movie.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Otep wrote:

Because the HP stuff is about Kids fighting evil. Twilght is about Gay Vampires and AF Wearwolves passing as tough guys.[/quote]

Yep

HP was actually written well and the characters are 3 dimensional whilst that twilight shit is, well, shit.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Because Emma Watson beats out that hooker looking chic in Twilight in pretty much every facet of life.

The last book was definitely the best, read the entire series twice (nerd)

The 3rd movie completely blew, Goblet of Fire and every move since with the new director has been pretty good

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Otep wrote:

Because Emma Watson beats out that hooker looking chic in Twilight in pretty much every facet of life.[/quote]

Yatzee

[quote]Otep wrote:
You can’t even compare quality of acting between the two.

and me and the characters are the same age, i started secondary (highschool) when they did. thats pretty kewl when you’re 12/13

The books aren’t bad. She’s a great story teller. Plot/characters/fictional world get thin at times though. I’m a Tolken/CS Lewis nerd and really feel a huge difference in depth. There are just too many times in the HP books where I stopped and reflected on how parts seemed poorly thought out and constructed.

The first few movies were pretty bad (go back and watch them again). The later movies are decent. I’m sure I’ll go see this one. It’s the only one I’ll have read the book first on.

My only gripe was that the kids couldn’t act for shit. However, Emma whatsherface and Rupert (Ron) have improved considerably. Even Harry’s acting has improved slightly, and is borderline passable.

The story itself is fantastic - set in and around the areas that I live give it a greater significance. Rowling’s an excellent storyteller. Love the books. Films are getting better and better.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]Otep wrote:

Because the HP stuff is about Kids fighting evil. Twilght is about Gay Vampires and AF Wearwolves passing as tough guys.[/quote]

LOL!

CS lewis sucks.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:
CS lewis sucks. [/quote]

??? was this directed at me?

Because the annals of literature would disagree with you.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The books aren’t bad. She’s a great story teller. Plot/characters/fictional world get thin at times though. I’m a Tolken/CS Lewis nerd and really feel a huge difference in depth. There are just too many times in the HP books where I stopped and reflected on how parts seemed poorly thought out and constructed.

The first few movies were pretty bad (go back and watch them again). The later movies are decent. I’m sure I’ll go see this one. It’s the only one I’ll have read the book first on.[/quote]

I agree. I definitely enjoyed reading the books. I only watched one HP movie so far and didn’t like it (but then again, I’ve rarely enjoyed movies based on books or computer games… Except for LOTR and a few others), but whatever (quite a few of the actor choices and the overall atmosphere/flair etc).

Twilight however is just terrible in both book and movie form. HP may not be up there with the greats of fantasy and sci-fi, but it’s a nice read… Works for an old escapist like me, even though I prefer different stuff usually.
Twilight fails on all levels by comparison. Shit, HP probably got more violence in it too bwahahaha