New HardCore Garage Gym

Freakin’ awesome. I dream of that.

No more stupid parking to deal with.
No more monkies who mess up equipment.
No more jackasses wondering what the hell you’re doing and why.

And, you did it right.
Good setup.

Just an FYI for everyone.

This is all going into my 19’ x 19’ 2-car garage. I have already measured everything to make sure of the fit and it comes out awesome.

I have one training partner and we are looking to add two more once this stuff comes in. Once everything arrives I will post pics.

On a side note I also have sleds as my brother is a welder and makes them for me real cheap.

Holy shit.

Thats an amazing set-up. A monolift in your home gym is so wicked.

I need to make some money.

Nice setup Nate Dogg. I have nothing near as nice:

Bowflex w/210lbs,
total gym,
300+lbs of weight plates-standard size,
2 barbells,
1 eazy curl,
1 tricep curl bar,
4 dumbells,
2 sawhorses,
6 60lb quicksands,
1 bullflex,
2 backpacks,
and a bunch of petty shit.

Yea, I need to get a decent set up or a gym membershit to a “real” gym. Anyhow, stay strong Nate.

“Keep Ya Head Up”~~Tupac Shakur

[quote]Dragon wrote:
Nice setup Nate Dogg. I have nothing near as nice:

Bowflex w/210lbs,
total gym,
300+lbs of weight plates-standard size,
2 barbells,
1 eazy curl,
1 tricep curl bar,
4 dumbells,
2 sawhorses,
6 60lb quicksands,
1 bullflex,
2 backpacks,
and a bunch of petty shit.

Yea, I need to get a decent set up or a gym membershit to a “real” gym. Anyhow, stay strong Nate.

“Keep Ya Head Up”~~Tupac Shakur
[/quote]

It’s better than nothing!

Oh yeah, I have an EZ curl bar too. And two sandbags from Josh Henkin (small and medium) with some homemade contractor bags filled with play sand in different weights that I can change as needed.

I also have three sawhorses that I use for my warm-up when doing various hurdle drills and such. They come in handy!

In faith brother,

Nate

Damn, that is an awesome setup! You should charge people to workout in your garage. Seriously, you got it all. Can’t wait to see the picks.

Kickass setup! I’m jealous! (but, for curiousity’s sake, why do you need 8 bars?)

I’ve so far just got a power rack and barbell set (which, if i’m correct are exactly the same as nate dogg’s, except my plates are black), and I’ll hopefully be adding to it over time. Doubt the grand total will ever come out to $13000, but who knows? It would be worth the money if I had it.

Anyways, cograts on the setup!

Can I just say – I HATE YOU! No, really awesome set up! You should make great gains with that stuff.

Some advice: BE CAREFUL!!!

I set up my home gym in January this year (not nearly as flash as yours, BTW). On the day it arrived and was fully set up, I was about to use it for the first time when I dislocated my shoulder playing with my step son. I was out for two months and am only now getting back to the same weights I was using before.

God can be such a prick sometimes.

Enjoy!

where the hell are your farmers walks and chains? this is a pathetic excuse for a home gym!..can i borrow your ghr?

It’s not often I am in awe of someone else’s home-gym, as mine is pretty good, but you have taken the cake! Bravo!

For those who were asking about space, we work in a small, single garage(12’x19’), and comfortably have two groups going at once; i.e. On mondays, one group deadlifts, while the other benches.

Trust me, you will not regret this.

Holy crap! Thats EXACTLY what I’m buying too! It’s going in the sub-basement gym of the dream home that I’ll be building after I win the lottery.

Guess i’d better start playing…

Man that is a lot of dough I bet it’s great. And it will outlast you, your son, his son, his son, and so on until they invent something better than free weights (maybe some magnetic thingy)

POST SOME PICS

Snake Plisskin? I heard you were dead.

OH yeah… about that safety stuff.

I don’t mean to sound like your mom, but once everything is assembled, put a wrench on every single bolt in the room and make sure they are all tightened. Then a little later, do it again.

lgerney,

Very nice set up. I’m somewhat new to PL’ing and have been primarily training in Woodland with Mark Bell (aka Jackass) - which is about 30-40 minutes south of where you’re at. He has virutally the same set up as you.

There are few really great lifters there and the place is growing. You should come down some time – we may need even need to come up to help you break in your new equipment…LOL!

[quote]Big Bird wrote:
lgerney,

Very nice set up. I’m somewhat new to PL’ing and have been primarily training in Woodland with Mark Bell (aka Jackass) - which is about 30-40 minutes south of where you’re at. He has virutally the same set up as you.

There are few really great lifters there and the place is growing. You should come down some time – we may need even need to come up to help you break in your new equipment…LOL![/quote]

Hey Big Bird,

Ya I am fairly new to powerlifting too. Only been doing it for about 6 months. Numbers are pretty pathetic right now. I actually work in Woodland. I contacted Mark before but times just didn’t work for me.

Sometime in the future might have to make a trip over!!!

You have more fucking equipment than my actual gym x 5. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was bigger too. My gym is TINY - the whole place is taken up by Nautilus machines. Bitches.

Shit.

Hey Guys,

Just to give everyone an update the equipment has finally shipped. Should recieve this by the end of the week I’m hoping. I’ll get this stuff setup this weekend and post pictures.

This is gonna kick ass!!!

I’ve got everything in my “gym” dirt cheap. Here is what I have: (keep in mind that it isn’t geared towards bodybuilding or powerlifting, more for combat sports)

Large wrestling mat
Bench
Bar (shitty 3/4" bar)
~220 lbs in weights
various ankle weights
heavy bag
2 homemade medicine balls (8 and 28 lbs)
Pull-up bar
Rings
Paralletes
45 lb olympic plate
Jump Rope
Ab Wheel

All of this was probably around $200-$250. I don’t really have the set-up for heavy lifting (my bar and bench don’t look safe only at 200 lbs), but it gets the job done.

I would like to get an Olympic bar with some bumper plates, and some kind of homemade power rack set-up, maybe an 84 lb X-Vest as well. But as long as I work at a gym, this probably won’t be neccessary.

My hero.