New Hampshire Training

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
I was a VERY shy person

Between trying to sack quarterbacks and, later, arresting bad guys, I wrote a lot of (get ready for it)…poems. Most of it not so poetic, but some that I still like.
[/quote]

Ah the old strong, shy, and sensitive ploy eh Strick?

I bet you were beating the women off with a stick![/quote]

Lol That was the problem. I was too shy to even talk to them. Hell, I met me wife on the interwebz.

Scott,I’m just starting to figure some outdoor routines. Get some rocks and carry them around.

OG.that blows about the rubber band. Dogs are usually mans best friend.

Skip,you write much better then I do. Maybe a future?? Novel maybe??

Brett,Skip’s wife got quite the catch. Nice guy and good dad.

12/12
cleans 185 5 sets x 2 reps
semi-sumo deads 325x5,375x5,425x5,475x1,1,1
regular deads(fat bar) 295x10,10

Had to leave for hockey game. Didn’t have time to finish workout.

Steve, I haven’t the patience or attention span to write a novel. Best that I could hope for is a short story.

Workouts are looking great. I love the variety you get in there. Keeps it from getting boring.

ohhh, shiny! farmers walks! Maybe I’ll concentrate on

Hey, look, snatches! those look awesome. I’ll put all my attention on

Hey, highland games looks fun, maybe i’ll…

we are all there.

Thanks Skip and John.

Hurt my back that last deadlift workout so laying low for a few days. Sharp pain on my left low back that radiates down my left leg. Never done that before. Its been getting better every day so most likely nothing serious. Back at it next week most likely.

Hmmm good idea on taking it easy for a bit. I assume you are taking anti-inflamatories as well?

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Hmmm good idea on taking it easy for a bit. I assume you are taking anti-inflamatories as well?[/quote]
No but you’re right I should. Some advils a few times a day. thanks Joe.

Catching up with you, Steve. For being clueless you sure are doing some impressive as hell training!

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Thanks Skip and John.

Hurt my back that last deadlift workout so laying low for a few days. Sharp pain on my left low back that radiates down my left leg. Never done that before. Its been getting better every day so most likely nothing serious. Back at it next week most likely.[/quote]

radiates down the leg? Steve, you have a bulged disc w/pinched sciatic. Get to the chiro and get that worked back in. Your gonna be doing some rehab.

Thanks Wilson. I hope your health issues have resolved.

Pete, I figured thats what it is. What sort of exercises/rehab you thinking?

well, when I did mine a few years back, I worked with a chiro to get it back in place, and then between him and I we came up with a routine that involved some really gay yoga stuff, along with some more traditional back rehab stuff (GHR/Hypers, various ab work, some light RDLs for reps). Trick is getting that bugger back into place first.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
well, when I did mine a few years back, I worked with a chiro to get it back in place, and then between him and I we came up with a routine that involved some really gay yoga stuff, along with some more traditional back rehab stuff (GHR/Hypers, various ab work, some light RDLs for reps). Trick is getting that bugger back into place first. [/quote]
Thanks Pete. I appreciate the advice.

Sorry to hear about the injury, hope it’s nothing too serious and your’e back at it soon.

Hope everyone has been well. My back is 95%. No worse then it is most days. But I’m giving it until this Friday. I’ve been stretching a couple times a day at work. My two top New Years resolutions should be to work on flexiblity and ab strength.

i had siatica - stretching, more stretching, more stretching and core work got me back. sounds like you have a good plan. if you are still getting shooting leg pains id recommend getting an mri and then seeing a physical therapist to make sure you are doing the correct stretches.

depending on your injury, you will want to do different stretches. for my wedged disc, i had to avoid bending forward so most of my stretches involved bending backward. sleeping on my stomach helped a lot too. hope you have a quick recovery.

Steve, you might not have a bulging disc even with the radiating pain, though Pete is right in that both are commons signs of a bulging disc. I had a bulging disic with those exact signs about 10 years ago.

However I also had those same signs about 3 months ago and turned out not to have a bulging disc but rather a bit of normal disc compression that comes with aging that I had aggrevated somehow.

I’d get a doc to check it out just in case. Even though it might not be a bulging disc if it is you’ll need to know.

heal faster

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
heal faster[/quote]

Lol…

Glad that you are doing better, Steve.

Lay a down on the floor in push up position. Push up with arms leaving hips & legs on the ground. Try some Supermans.
Oh, hi there. Good to hear you’re healing up.

Thanks all. Back is feeling great. Very little stiffness or aching. All the weights felt light.

12/22
axle bar deads 245x8,295x8,335x8
front squats 225 5x5
walking lunges superset with ab rolls 3 sets

Work has been super stressful over the last couple of weeks. My job is totally changing and I’m not sure it will a good or bad thing. So I needed to workout today.