New Hampshire Lifter II

Good Lord. I am glad that none of my kids play hockey. I would go insane trying to keep up with that.

Great improvisation with the workout.

10/3

1. cleans 135x2,2 155x2,2 175x2 195x1 hang clean 155x3x3
    2a. cgb barx20 95x10 135x5 185x5 230x5 260x3 290x5 (pause reps) 320x1 350x1 380x1
    2b. chin-up BWx3,4,5,6 +25x3,4,5 BWx6,6,5
  2. db curls 40’s x10,8,8

No back or leg cramps today. Everything flew up except the set with 380. That was more of a crawl.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Good Lord. I am glad that none of my kids play hockey. I would go insane trying to keep up with that.

Great improvisation with the workout.[/quote]
Thanks Skip. I complain about the schedule but I love watching them play. Off to Hingham, MA in an hour for a 7 PM game. The 1.5 hour ride gives me time to talk with my oldest. Bonding and all that stuff.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

The 1.5 hour ride gives me time to talk with my oldest. Bonding and all that stuff.[/quote] [/quote]

I have to go to Lincoln, NE, tomorrow, for some work to be done in the a.m. hours. I am taking my youngest with me. Just so we can spend a little one on one time together.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

The 1.5 hour ride gives me time to talk with my oldest. Bonding and all that stuff.[/quote] [/quote]

I have to go to Lincoln, NE, tomorrow, for some work to be done in the a.m. hours. I am taking my youngest with me. Just so we can spend a little one on one time together.[/quote]
Hope you two had a good time. How old is he?

10/6

Skipped a workout a couple nights ago so I pulled the t-handle out at my son’s practice again last night. Hoping to dead lift tonight.

5 rounds with 100 lbs

1. 15-20 BW push-ups
  2. 10-12 swings
  3. 5-7 squats

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

Thanks Skip. I complain about the schedule but I love watching them play. Off to Hingham, MA in an hour for a 7 PM game. The 1.5 hour ride gives me time to talk with my oldest. Bonding and all that stuff.[/quote]

I work in Hingham

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

I have to go to Lincoln, NE, tomorrow, for some work to be done in the a.m. hours. I am taking my youngest with me. Just so we can spend a little one on one time together.[/quote]
Hope you two had a good time. How old is he?[/quote]

He is 9. The night was a bit rough. Of course, he had internet access. So, he was good. He got to go swimming the next morning.
Unfortunately, I have to go back this weekend. I am taking the whole crew this time.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

Thanks Skip. I complain about the schedule but I love watching them play. Off to Hingham, MA in an hour for a 7 PM game. The 1.5 hour ride gives me time to talk with my oldest. Bonding and all that stuff.[/quote]

I work in Hingham

[/quote]
Well why didn’t you stop over the rink?

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

He is 9. The night was a bit rough. Of course, he had internet access. So, he was good. He got to go swimming the next morning.
Unfortunately, I have to go back this weekend. I am taking the whole crew this time.[/quote]
Internet and swimming. Who wouldn’t be happy.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

Unfortunately, I have to go back this weekend. I am taking the whole crew this time.[/quote]
Internet and swimming. Who wouldn’t be happy.[/quote]

Yeah. It ended well for him. He got ice cream on the trip home. When he was done with it, he fell asleep and was out the rest of the journey. Some driving partner!
After we got back in town, Monday night, I took him and the other two to the movies. I didn’t think I was going to stay awake for it.
They are all excited about the return trip, this weekend. I think I am the only one dreading it.

You know, my son drives now and I have been relieved of playing chauffeur to all the hockey-related activities. While the freedom is great, I really miss the bonding time and conversations that ensued while in the car. He was a captive audience. (Captive because of the seatbelt.) Now I’m lucky if we have a couple of meaningful conversations a week. Sniff.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

Internet and swimming. Who wouldn’t be happy.[/quote]

Yeah. It ended well for him. He got ice cream on the trip home. When he was done with it, he fell asleep and was out the rest of the journey. Some driving partner!
After we got back in town, Monday night, I took him and the other two to the movies. I didn’t think I was going to stay awake for it.
They are all excited about the return trip, this weekend. I think I am the only one dreading it.[/quote]
Happy wife + happy kids + dreading dad = win

You know where you are in the pecking order.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
You know, my son drives now and I have been relieved of playing chauffeur to all the hockey-related activities. While the freedom is great, I really miss the bonding time and conversations that ensued while in the car. He was a captive audience. (Captive because of the seatbelt.) Now I’m lucky if we have a couple of meaningful conversations a week. Sniff.[/quote]
Now hold on. A meaningful conversation to a 16 year old boy may be a grunt and a ‘I love you too mom’. But I know what you’re talking about. Becoming more and more independent.

10/7

1.semi-sumo deads 135x3 185x3 225x3 275x3 315x3 355x3 405x1 455x1 495x3
2. trap bar carry 225, 315

Quick one tonight. Had to go to a high school hockey meeting.

10/8

work gym

1. 3 super sets: lateral raise, machine shld press, db upright rows
  2. 3 super sets: neutral grip chin, machine rows, pulldowns
  3. incline db press 75’s x15
  4. db carries 75’s x 1 minute walking around the gym
  5. pushdown
  6. db curl

later at son’s hockey practice

1a. t-handle swing 100x15,15,10,10,15
1b. push up BWx5x15-20
2. short jog around a soccor field

The jog was
well
not pretty. It was on grass so my joints felt good.

10/9

1. cleans 135x2,2 155x2,2 175x2 185x1 195x1 205x1 215x1 225x1
    2a. cgb barx20 95x10 135x5 185x5 225x5 275x5 315x7 365x1 315x5x2 (30 rest btw 5 sets with 315)
    2b. bb rows 225x3x6 275x2x5 225x4x6
1 Like

I love that your getting it in
even at your sons school

nice work

[quote]brotardscience wrote:
I love that your getting it in
even at your sons school

nice work[/quote]
Hey Kev. How’ve you been? Trying to use my time wisely. And I’m sick of watching hockey practices.

Rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes tonight. Did some sprints every few minutes.

Lot’s of great lifting here especially considering all the involvement with your youngster’s hockey. I feel like I’m getting a bit of a preview reading a few logs in around this forum of how life will continue to get busier the older my children get.

Good work in here as always. I like watching my son’s hockey games but the practices do get old very quickly.

GV, life can get busy with sports and extra curricular activities. But you figure it out and fit the workouts in where you can.
Dave, my oldest having his license this year cut my practice times in half. Thank God.

Both boys have been working out so its cut into my workout time even more. I did some squats btw my oldest son’s sets and cleans during my youngest son’s workout then swung the t-handle outside at my youngest’s hockey practice.

10/12

1. squats barx10 135x5 185x5 225x5 275x5 315x5 365x15 (had to stop here because my youngest was using the rack to bench)
  2. cleans 135,155,175,185,205,225,175

100 t-handle swings with 100 lbs
short jog on grass