New Hampshire Lifter II

I have no recollection of these kind of ‘gains’ at all…:frowning:

Are you guys shooting for the next April meet? Or just training through your pleasant east coast winter, until the thaw??
Just wondering.
Z.

I hope you’re right Paul. Because Kainen is going to pull 500 soon. He might be able to right now. He trap bar deadlifted 600 for a double the other day.

What’s up Eric? My son and I have a push-pull in January but we also signed up again for the full meet in April we did last year with Paul.

Kainen, his friend and I got up early and went up to the strongman gym in Concord.

slds 135x5,5 225x5 315x3 405x3 455x5
snatch grip sldl 315x3x5
yoke walk x several trips

Yesterday and today I got some sets of chin-ups and machine rows in at work. I did 15 BW neutral grip chins my first set today.

Last night at home:

1. bowflex press 3 sets high reps
  2. db press 40’s x2x50
    3a. pushdowns 5 sets
    3b. football bar curls 5 sets

I was watching this strongman who was saying if you’re injured do what you can to get blood flowing in the injured area. So I pumped out some high rep presses with low weight. Everything felt good.

1 Like

15 chins is very impressive- for a stocky bastard.
like holy shit.
Im envious of your son- I am sqautting well - ‘considering’
pulling - in the shitter- its that I cant generate leg drive.

Have a Great Thanksgiving

Kevin, I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving as well. And that’s for using ‘stocky’ instead of chubby or portly.

11/23 work gym
neutral grip chins BWx5 +25x5 +50x3 BWx5

11/24
17’’ box squat barx10 135x5 225x5 315x5 405x2 495x2 545x1
GM 135x5 185x4x5

I hate heavy lifting in the morning. But I’ll be to full or to buzzed to do it later.

12/2

work gym
chin-ups/neutral grip/pull-ups x 8-10 sets
push-ups x a couple sets
curls superset with chin-ups x 2 sets
pushdowns superseted with machine dips x 2 sets

home gym workout #1
1a. football bar bench barx20 115x10 165x10 205x10 255x1 205x5
1b. seated 1 arm cable row 50x10 70x10 90x10 100x10 120x5 140x5
2a. bowflex flys superset with push-ups x 2 sets
2b. db upright rows 40’sx12,12
3. 1 arm db shld press 40x15,12,12

home gym workout #2
1a. preacher curls 4 sets with dbs, 2 sets with straight bar
1b. rope pushdowns 6 sets
2. wrist curls 2 sets

I’m not very patient so I tried benching with the football bar to see if my shoulder was feeling any better. The answer was no. 255 almost didn’t go up it hurt so much. So to make me feel better I went back downstairs and did some arms.

too bad about the shoulder…thought about having someone look at it?

Paul, you’re right. If it keeps up I may have it looked at. But this has happened several times over the years and it eventually calms down.

I didn’t feel like doing many exercises tonight so I only did squats. I ate a lot earlier at an end of the season football banquet which was a bad idea.

17’’ box squat barx10 135x5,5 225x5 315x5 405x10,10 315x10,10

12/6
work gym
1a. neutral grip chin BWx5 +25x5 +50x4 BWx5 / pull-ups BWx5,4
1b. 1 arm standing shld press 25x10 50x10 75x10 / machine shld press stackx20,15
2. rope pushdown 1 set to failure
3. db curls 40’s x 1 set

home gym
17’’ box squat barx10 135x10 225x10 315x10 405x5 455x5

Wasn’t planning on squatting again tonight but Kainen wanted to try knee wraps so we squatted. He worked up to 455 for a single which he was happy with.

I swear every time I go to the gym
I will do some stuff - that I need.
and I end up squatting.
no regrets.

Id tell you to put tape on your shoulder and keep going.
But I cant really say that anymore.

Is is gym related?
or is posture and how you sleep?
do you sleep on your side? I often do and its a big source of inflammation and pain

Just catching up. Looks like you had some fun carrying weight and showing the young ones power. A bionic shoulder would help.
Great to see you inspiring your son.

Oo, are we starting a Santa wish list. Put me down for one too. And some bionic glutes would be fantastic.

Extra gravity in mornings, I just can’t lift properly too early. I hope the shoulder heals up.

I hope you are busy prepping… for the meet that is. They won’t know what hit them when the Team from NH is done!

NHLFTR, Merry Christmas. Stay strong. Expecting more great posts in new year.

Many well wishes and a Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Hope everyone had safe and happy holidays.

I’ve been out of action since 12/7. Somehow I fucked up my back. I haven’t been able to sit or bend over without searing pain in the front of my right thigh and back. My right thigh constantly feels like I’ve had a novocaine shot. But after seeing my doc and several chiropractor visits and not doing anything for almost a month I’m starting to feel almost normal. Hopefully I’ll be back at it next week.

1 Like

Recover well and kick ass.

Happy New Year- sorry to hear about your back.

Heal up.

After losing a reflex and barely sleeping I had back surgery at 30. Whenever I get the symptoms you described, walking a lot for about 6 weeks gets rid of them.

Thanks all. I’m feeling much better so I hit the basement for a workout last night. I kept things back friendly. I placed the block in my rack and held onto a bar for balance. For weight I loaded an old backpack with 25’s. I kept rest periods short and really got a good burn.

My oldest has been really hitting the gym hard. So much that I’ve had to make him take days off or take light days. He easily pulled 500 last night and benched 265 the other day. We bought him a texas squat bar for Christmas. The bar is a beast. 8’ long and thick. I can’t wait to use it.

1/6
step-ups on 17’’ block BWx2x10, +25x2x10, +50x2x10, BWx10 (each leg)
leg curls 3 sets
calf raises 2 sets