New Hampshire Lifter II

Great job; awesome 600 pull! Your son looked great as well; of course he got the bug!

But WE don’t HAVE to call you ‘Daddy Bench’, Daddy 405, or any of that right?

Big 600.
On to the next one.

Wow, what a great team. That’s a spectacular performance for you and your son. Loved the videos and your son does have a ton of potential to lift huge. Congrats on hitting your PR dead and nice benching.

This now my official quote of the month. 1005 on 2 lifts? Wow. No sarcasm, just great lifting. “Daddy Benching”, thought you were gonna point to the crowd and yell, “Who’s your Daddy now!?”. Way to talk the son down from the mirror warmup. His 405 squat looked ridiculously easy. Agree he hitched the Dl but didn’t need to. He’s hungry now. See where where his quest will lead him.

Eric, I would find any of those names acceptable. Hopefully Daddy 425 at some point though.
GV, my son’s already asking to go back to the same meet next year. I’m trying to convince him to do a push/pull in August but he’s all about squatting too. So I may have to do that one alone.
Harry, glad I could supply the quote of the month. I made the lifts but I wasn’t feeling it. Next meet I’ll plan the training and diet better.

4/24

1a. MP barx20 95x10 135x5 155x5 175x10
1b. 1 arm db rows 100x5x5
2a. football bar tri ext 3 sets
2b. football bar curls 3 sets

Your boy is “all about squatting.” I love that! Smart boy!

Steve, Lakeville is about 30 min southwest from me and I am about 45min south of Boston just to give you an idea on travel. I signed up so I wouldn’t get locked out.

Kp, he’s funny. So adamant about not doing a push/pull because there’s no squatting. But I secretly signed him up for a push/pull in August. I’ll let him know in July.

Paul, I’m all signed up for August 21st. I’ll get to have the 2 hour drive this time.

Last night:

1. 200 sledgehammer swings
  2. 6 sets pull-ups/chin-ups

Attaboy! Surely your son knows you would do something like that…right?

Skip, he won’t be surprised. Even if he opts out I’m looking forward this meet.

Walked 1.5 miles tonight with my son. Hit the weights tomorrow night. I got the benchblokz in the mail yesterday. I’m looking forward to using it this week.

Hopefully he will get fired up about it. He has a lot of potential. Must be genetic…

What, exactly, is that? My first thought was “board press”, but not sure how the grooves play into that unless it goes on the bar, instead of resting on your chest.

Coolest little device. I tried it with 135 on Monday. It does fit on the bar. Each groove is a different height from 2 to 5 board. Going to give it a go later in the week.

Very cool. Now you can start playing with 450+ pounds…

‘Man found dead in basement with 450 lbs on chest’

The meet results were posted this morning. I’m the only Steven on the list.

http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting.com/results/2016-meet-results/nh-vt-states/

Gentlemen and ladies are you ready to rumble…I mean lift, excuse me.

1005 push pull is pretty awesome. Congrats!

Clever gadget. Didn’t really click at first. Was going with strangely named barrel rest for shooting but…I get it now.
Enjoy!

Very good idea! Bonus use!

Lot of Master’s just like to bench.

was talking with Skip and trying to “goat” him into benching at the meet…Looked and its sold out…