New Hampshire Lifter II

Steve, he is gonna do great. Maybe not as good as Dad. But it will be a bonding experience.

Go easy on the back. If you’re going to tweak it, do it at lockout on the last deadlift of the meet.
Then you can use your hardware as a balm/

1 Like

Shit all I ever got for Easter was Peeps!

Looks pretty tough for only 25lbs. And no, my meet is late July. Karen is, right now actually…cant remember the other O35’s coming up. Goat, Strick, GV…gotta check my notes!

Rock on, here’s to a Father & Son state record total!!!
What a great idea that is :slight_smile:
Eric

Hope your back is feeling better. That’s football bar is an awesome gift. Repping the 500 on the semi-sumo deads looks strong as hell.

Harry, yoga pants showing every nook and cranny. Yep I’ve got that visual stuck in my head now.
Skip, he should do fine. He’s worried about his squat depth and bench but he’s hoping to pull 500.
Matty, I think I got a chocolate bunny and a new outfit.
Eric, Oldgoat will be there too so hopefully we all do well.
GV, my back is feeling good. I think I’ll like the neutral grip of the football bar on a lot of exercises.

4/1
worked up to semi-sumo deadlift 525x3

4/2
pause bench 335x5x3

Wait…he is hoping to deadlift 500#? If that is the case, what the hell are you feeding him?
Never mind…don’t answer…just send me some.

He should pull 405 and 455 no problem. He’s trap bar deadlifted 525. I hope he has a great day.

4/5

trap bar deadlift 135x5 225x5 315x5 405x3 455x1
squat 135x3 225x3 315x5 405x1
Had to stop because left low back was killing me.

4/6

1a.leg curls 4 sets
1b.calf raises 4 sets
2. squat 135x5 185x5
Felt something weird/painful in my left low back with 185 so I stopped.
I’m going to try high bar squatting next workout with a closer stance. Try and drop straight down to take some pressure off my back.
4/7

1.pause bench (warm-up) 315x3 335x3 355x5 375x2 315x3
2.football bar rows 115x5 205x5 255x5 295x4x5 255x5 205x5-5-5 (outer-inner-middle no rest)

Squats may be frustrating but bench and deads are going well.

Damn! That is impressive! Definitely your son…

Take care of that back! T-minus 16 days…

Thanks Skip. T-minus 14 days…

This is a video of my oldest yesterday at the high school gym.

Oops! No lift…he dropped it…lol.

He definitely isn’t your “little boy” anymore! Awesome…

There’s strength in those genes!

The little shit is only 15 lbs from my best trap bar deadlift. And he only weighs 235 lbs. I need to step up my game.

I scored another big tire today. Side by side with my current tire it looks about 6’’ taller. Exactly what I was looking for.

Definitely going to be a stud, if not already. And yes, you definitely need to up your game…lol

You’ve put plenty of work in already. Let the back get healed up for meet day.

Your son is plenty strong and since when is 235 lbs. small??

Now that’s funny. 20 characters…

Metal playing in the background for the win.

Looking forward to the 23rd. My son should do well. He’s hoping to total at least 1000. My back has really set me back. I probably shouldn’t have deadlifted last night. I’m most likely only doing a push/pull. I’m hoping to total 1000 with the two lifts.

4/12

1. semi-sumo deads worked up to 495x1
    2a. leg curls 3 sets
    2b. calf raises 3 sets

4/13
pause bench worked up to 365x4
chin-ups with football bar for a least 10 sets

“pause bench worked up to 365x4” = extremely adequate