New Gym Name

Hey guys, i’m in the process of getting a new gym up and running and figured i’d head this way to ask for some ideas on a name! the gym is having everything, from cardio to machines, from free weights to strongman and cross training. also offering classes, so i need a name that isn’t too intimidating to women and won’t scare them off. So far a couple of the ideas i have are Rock Solid Fitness and possibly Prime Time Fitness. Any ideas??

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/hall_of_warriors?id=4132854&pageNo=0

If you want the gym to make money, you need to find something that will appeal to the masses. Forget a cool name that you actually like and go with something that the masses will eat up.

FWIW, I finance a TON of startup fitness centers so I see the good and the bad, and I see over 60% of them fail. Here are a few free tips;

1. Everyone thinks they have a great location, few people actually do. Make sure you do your research regarding demographics.

2. I’m not a crossfit guy, but those places make money IF you open it in the right location and have good trainers. If you don’t want to go crossfit I would suggest a PT studio or bootcamp type place. Big fitness centers take a TON of money to start with equipment but bootcamp’s can be run with very little equipment.

3. Do you have a client base? If not, get one first. If you don’t know how to do this, you probably shouldn’t open the business…

4. Project that you will make 25% less than you currently project

5. Project that your expenses will be 25% higher than you currently project

6. Have 6 months worth of RESERVE capital set aside to pay your bills

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Best of luck to you.

[quote]primaliron43 wrote:
Hey guys, i’m in the process of getting a new gym up and running and figured i’d head this way to ask for some ideas on a name! the gym is having everything, from cardio to machines, from free weights to strongman and cross training. also offering classes, so i need a name that isn’t too intimidating to women and won’t scare them off. So far a couple of the ideas i have are Rock Solid Fitness and possibly Prime Time Fitness. Any ideas??[/quote]

I would name it after yourself. I’ve noticed that people who name things after themselves do better work.

When selecting a plumber (or whatever) I always look for the one that says “John Smith’s Plumbing Company.”

Great Big Giant Moneysucking Pit… Fitness Center

Seriously though, I’ve found that gyms which are named after the place in which they are located seem to attract quite a few people. People like to feel like they are contributing to something that is a part of their community.

Sir Lift-A-Lots

Call it Gym Jones.

Offer free post-workout Kool-Aid.

Gym Me Your Money

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Call it Gym Jones.

Offer free post-workout Kool-Aid.[/quote]

I don’t want to get in trubble but just put a triple w infront of that and a dot calm after and you’ll get a good website.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Call it Gym Jones.

Offer free post-workout Kool-Aid.[/quote]

Freakin’ amazing

An offensive and familar acrynym…

STFU

Strength Training and Fitness Universe

Call it The Universe for short.

Youll attract.a lot of different types of people…college internet junkies who recognize the term and think its funny…women who are addicted to texting will like it…all the hardcore and edgy guy will like the idea of. “Shut the fuck up and lift”

All the older crowd who care about being “young and cool”

Itll work

Swole Central

Pump Land

Sir Reginald McFurthlington’s Manly Den of Physical Culture