New Gym Location in Phoenix

[quote]duece wrote:
I would have to say Tempe would probably treat you much better financially with all the traffic, students and growth around the lake.

Gen- there is a sweet boxing gym off Hayden north of Indian School. I can’t remember what it is called but it is in that park and very cheap for Scottsdale residents.[/quote]

It’s called Club SAR. Pretty nice gym, for both boxing and regular workouts. Likely the best equipped boxing gym you’ll find, anywhere. When I was a member, it was like $50/year for Scottsdale residents, and about double that for non-residents. That was several years ago, although it’s run buy the parks and rec dept., so I doubt it’s gone up much.

any updates on your facility

[quote]CEZAR wrote:
We offer unlimited tanning for free. LOL There’s a large garage door in the back you can open up, walk outside and there’s a spot you can flip tires or do aome farmer’s walks. ;)[/quote]

I LOVE IT!!! If there were that type of gym in my backyard I’d give up working out in my basement.

[quote]steelman wrote:
any updates on your facility
[/quote]

The only major thing is that we couldn’t go with the university location because the owner we were going to lease from didn’t want a gym because of parking issues. The new location we’re getting a lease on will be at broadway and hardy. So we suffered a delay there. Once we finialize the lease, hopefully this week. We can start throwing equipment in there. I was going to post an update once we had the place for sure. But I don’t see why we wouldn’t get this place, our agent asked up front this time if putting a gym was okay. Since I don’t want to order the equipment till I have a address to ship to, I’ll wait till we get the place which will about a week, then figure about 2-4wks to ship. So I guess roughly at least six weeks till it’s running. I’ll keep posting as things progress.

What’s the minimum deadlift requirement to join? Just so I know (and have six weeks to get there)…

Hours of operation? Cost? So now it’s at Broadway/Hardy? PM a flyer when you’re ready!

[quote]kroby wrote:
What’s the minimum deadlift requirement to join? Just so I know (and have six weeks to get there)…

Hours of operation? Cost? So now it’s at Broadway/Hardy? PM a flyer when you’re ready![/quote]

If everything goes along to plan it will be at hardy and broadway. But I hesitate to say anything till it’s confirmed. I’ll post details as i have them.

Well it looks like Hardy/Broadway is a no go. The owner backed out at the last second, saying he wasn’t “comfortable with the usage”. So no lease and we’re looking for another space.

Ever thought of Mesa as a place to set up?

I agree the Tempe market would be easier, but there are a lot of businesses to market to at 48th st and Broadway. You could have food free lunch specials after work specials then your hard core training at night and mornings. Good Luck.

Any new updates Cezar?

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
Any new updates Cezar? [/quote]

Well so far there’s an old dance studio at 60 and Rural or a building on 24st and Thomas. Kind of decideing whether we even want to go into that far into the city. We’re giving it till the end of this week to find any more options. But this time our agent is asking up front if the owner we’ll possibly be leaseing from is okay with using it as a gym.

bump-

Update coming soon, just wanted to let you all know a few things are in the works and it looks real good. I’ll post after I come back from the EFS seminar this weekend. But if things work out, a rough estimate for an opening date might be May.

Excellent! Please do keep us posted.

Hey man everthing we talked about sounds like a great venture!!!looking forward to it…

Just an aside regarding the showers:

If at all possible, put some in. A lot of people, myself included, prefer to get the shower over and done with before heading out.

Also, you have to realize a LOT of people don’t train then go home. For example, back in college, and even sometimes now in law school, I’d do my lifting between classes. This meant I had to shower while there (or go to class all nasty which isn’t an option). I also know a lot of people train either during their lunch break, or on the way to work. In both instances, showers are basically required, unless you’re some weirdo who doesn’t sweat (and if you don’t you’re not workin hard enough!).

Sure, a lot of people just shower at home, but having such facilities available increases the options people have in terms of training time. Unless its terribly expensive, I’d say locker rooms/showers are a must, otherwise, you risk losing clientelle who train at a time when they can’t rush home after.

Update.

We should have the lease secured this week. It’ll start April 1st if everything goes right. The equipment should arrive 6-8 weeks after that. Which will give us time to get it ready and deal with any details and paperwork. So about the time the equipment arrives all we have to do is set it up and then can open the doors.

We will have showers, just not sure yet how long it will take to build them up.
As always, we’d appericate any comments or suggestions.

Update.

We finally got the lease all finished and signed. We recieved the keys April 1st and started working on it. The location is at Apache and Mcclintock. Just behind the Pep Boys.

That’s great! Hours of operation? Cost? Southwest corner of McClintock and Apache - on McClintock or Apache? Just so I know which road to take for the easiest access (left turns suck when you’re trying to get across two-three lanes of traffic immediately after an intersection).

Congratulations CEZAR. If it wasn’t for you, I was seriously thinking about opening my own… I may still way out in Mesa/Apache Junction:)
Who knows?

Sweet! I’m gonna swing by after work tomorrow and check it out.

Southwest Corner on McClintock. You’re be coming down south from the intersection so no worries it’s an easy right turn. :slight_smile:

[quote]kroby wrote
That’s great! Hours of operation? Cost? Southwest corner of McClintock and Apache - on McClintock or Apache? Just so I know which road to take for the easiest access (left turns suck when you’re trying to get across two-three lanes of traffic immediately after an intersection).

Congratulations CEZAR. If it wasn’t for you, I was seriously thinking about opening my own… I may still way out in Mesa/Apache Junction:)
Who knows?[/quote]