New Gym in GA.....

Power lifting legend, Curtis Leslie, has opened a new gym in Marietta, Georgia. His fully equipped gym can handle any/all demands for weightlifting enthusiast as well power lifters, bodybuilders, and Olympic weightlifters.

Marietta Barbell has equipment which is not found elsewhere like:

Monolift, comp bench, deadlift, chains, bands, several different bars (buffalo bar, cambered bar, texas power bar, okie deadlift bar, etc.), reverse hyper extension, vertical leg press (coming soon), SLDL platform, indoor track for sled pulling, etc.

The gym also has an Olympic weightlifting room (being built as we speak) for those wanting to train the Olympic classical lifts (snatch and clean & jerk).

So, if you live in GA and are looking for a gym that allows you to use chalk, be loud, lift heavy weights, and one which is filled with knowledgeable lifters than look no further.

Marietta Barbell is located at:
24 Alexander Street
Marietta, GA 30060

Here are some more photos of the gym…

and more…

lastly…

Looks great!

damn, i wish this was closer to where i stay at. i’m in lilburn gwinnett county. do you guys know of any gym that are similiar to this around my area?

I train at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville. It’s still a bit of a drive for you, but it’s closer to you than Marietta. Caters to PL, WL, and strongman with a few bodybuilders. Monolift, reverse hyper, chains, bands, bars, comp. bench, etc. And it’s 24 hrs/day. Shoot me a PM if you wanna come up and I’ll get you set.

Other than that, I think there is a small PL gym in Loganville, but with limited equipment. I think there’s another one in Gwinnett too, run by a lifter named Matt Christie, but I’m not sure if it’s open to the public. And there’s always Quest in Duluth, although they have a reputation for being a weird crew…

[quote]strengthstudent wrote:
I train at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville. It’s still a bit of a drive for you, but it’s closer to you than Marietta. Caters to PL, WL, and strongman with a few bodybuilders. Monolift, reverse hyper, chains, bands, bars, comp. bench, etc. And it’s 24 hrs/day. Shoot me a PM if you wanna come up and I’ll get you set.

Other than that, I think there is a small PL gym in Loganville, but with limited equipment. I think there’s another one in Gwinnett too, run by a lifter named Matt Christie, but I’m not sure if it’s open to the public. And there’s always Quest in Duluth, although they have a reputation for being a weird crew…

[/quote]

Quest is run by Sherman. I’ve been up there a few times. It has a cage, platform, and some other stuff. The PLing room doesn’t have a monolift or really any bar selection like bufflao bar, cambered bar, etc. It’s also VERY far up in Duluth.

I have a friend who trains at Iron Beast and he keeps trying to get me to come up there sometime. I’ve heard good things about it but it’s also a sick long drive for me. It’s up 985 North.

Marietta Barbell is just off of exit 263 on 75North so for everyone living in the Perimeter it’s Very convenient.

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
damn, i wish this was closer to where i stay at. i’m in lilburn gwinnett county. do you guys know of any gym that are similiar to this around my area?[/quote]

Your best bet is probably Iron Beast. Just shoot up 85N to 985N and than you’re almost there.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Looks great![/quote]

I’ll put more pics up to show the gym better. It’s still not even officially open. Everyday I go in there is something new added.

It’s exit 265 if you’re coming South down 75/575. Right off the exit, left on fairground, right at washington ave, left at Alexander would be the quickest way off that exit.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
It’s exit 265 if you’re coming South down 75/575. Right off the exit, left on fairground, right at washington ave, left at Alexander would be the quickest way off that exit.[/quote]

For the 263 exit (if you’re heading north on 75) you make a left off the exit, make a right on 41, and than a left onto Roswell. It’s a couple lights down and than you make a right on Alexander.