New Gym... Awesome.

So I used to go to 24 hr fitness which would be absolutely SLAMMED at around 4PM. I had been waiting on my membership to expire as I knew I wanted to work out at Golds. Well, holy shit.

Golds is 100x better than 24 hr! They have every machine I could ever want. Even a HS bench and shoulder!!! DBs up to 150. Not only that but come 4PM (which is when I went yesterday) they gym wasn’t even packed!!! WTF? It’s about 5 minutes from the 24 hr fitness, and costs the exact fucking same, $25/month. I am loving this gym. It has everything. I just don’t understand why more people don’t work out there.

[quote]markdp wrote:
So I used to go to 24 hr fitness which would be absolutely SLAMMED at around 4PM. I had been waiting on my membership to expire as I knew I wanted to work out at Golds. Well, holy shit.

Golds is 100x better than 24 hr! They have every machine I could ever want. Even a HS bench and shoulder!!! DBs up to 150. Not only that but come 4PM (which is when I went yesterday) they gym wasn’t even packed!!! WTF? It’s about 5 minutes from the 24 hr fitness, and costs the exact fucking same, $25/month. I am loving this gym. It has everything. I just don’t understand why more people don’t work out there.[/quote]

WTF 25/month in the US

Dam its like 45-65 a month here on average.

Don’t complain that its dead. Some little leprechaun might screw you and next thing you know your gym is slammed. Enjoy how empty it is and thank the bodybuilding gods you have it sweet and don’t have to wonder how much jail time you’d have to do it you slammed a 45# plate into some little dickhead’s miniscule brain at 24hr fitness.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

[quote]markdp wrote:

Golds is 100x better than 24 hr! They have every machine I could ever want. Even a HS bench and shoulder!!! DBs up to 150. Not only that but come 4PM (which is when I went yesterday) they gym wasn’t even packed!!! WTF? It’s about 5 minutes from the 24 hr fitness, and costs the exact fucking same, $25/month. I am loving this gym. It has everything. I just don’t understand why more people don’t work out there.[/quote]

WTF 25/month in the US

Dam its like 45-65 a month here on average. [/quote]
Yeah really, Canada still prices shit like back in the day when our dollar was like $0.60 USD so now it’s basically extortion, just another reason I’ll probably move to the states when I’m older.

1 CAD = .95 USD…pretty close to the same right now

[quote]LiquidWolf wrote:
Don’t complain that its dead. Some little leprechaun might screw you and next thing you know your gym is slammed. Enjoy how empty it is and thank the bodybuilding gods you have it sweet and don’t have to wonder how much jail time you’d have to do it you slammed a 45# plate into some little dickhead’s miniscule brain at 24hr fitness. [/quote]

Reading comprehension fail. I like it that not many people work out there. I am definitely not complaining about it.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
1 CAD = .95 USD…pretty close to the same right now[/quote]

A few weeks ago we were on Par till the Greeks fucked shit up.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:

A few weeks ago we were on Par till the Greeks fucked shit up.[/quote]

Gym membership rates in Canada/Toronto are shit in general; don’t even get me started on “day pass” or “drop-in” rates…

If you’ve found yourself a good gym, OP, keep it to yourself. It’s just better that way. Commercial gyms are just for eye candy

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I know my point was back when 1 CAD = 0.6 USD, it was fine for a pair of shoes to cost $150 here since they were like $80 in the US so it works out to be approximately equal in terms of “real” value. However, now that 1 CAD = 0.95 USD, and our shoes still cost $150 when the same pair goes for $80 in the US, we’re basically being robbed because the value of our money has gone up, yet we pay the same numerical value for our products, thus we’re actually paying more in terms of “real” value.

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Gym membership rates in Canada/Toronto are shit in general; don’t even get me started on “day pass” or “drop-in” rates…
[/quote]

It’s like the in the US too. Someone once quoted me the price of $28 for a day pass. Needless to say, I found somewhere else.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

[quote]markdp wrote:

WTF 25/month in the US

In Chicago its $130 at an Equinox. More if you want access to all the Equinox gyms in the city.

I bought some mats from a gym owner a few minutes from my house. Gave me a dozen day passes, a broslap on the back, and said I was welcome back any time at (most) $25 on a monthly basis. 3 month/6 month/12 month rates go as low as 12.50 a month… and its a 10,000 sq/ft gym lol

I was paying $30 a month when I was going to Golds but I hated it. 3pm-7pm it was packed, had to wait to use one of the 4 benches, PPl would be doing BS in the Squat racks and I couldnt do a Deadlift w/o someone telling my that they were bad for me and I was going to hurt myself. Now Im pay about $140 a month and wouldnt trade it for anything.

5 or 6 ppl in there at a time tops 650 sq/ft of fucking awesome. 300&600 lb tires, hammers from 10lb-22lb(its a monster!) Oly platforms, Dead platform, custom power racks. A Throwing pit for Highland games and what not and 100ft turf. Plus I dont have to sit down and plan any of my workouts let my coach do all that shit for me

and Capn…10,000sq/ft wtf that is Ginormous!!

I got a deal at my California ( a 24Hour affiliate) where I paid about $100US a month for 18 months, then it was free forever after.
I finished that 18 months about 3 years ago so I’ve been going free since. I really shouldn’t get so pissed off at my gym and make all those daft videos I make about it since I go for free, but what the Hell. Those clients are still morons!

My entire family,which is 6 people,recently signed up to probably the best gym in the city for 540 euro for 12 months.That’s pretty fucking sweet and even blows 25 dollars/month out of the water.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I got a deal at my California ( a 24Hour affiliate) where I paid about $100US a month for 18 months, then it was free forever after.
I finished that 18 months about 3 years ago so I’ve been going free since. I really shouldn’t get so pissed off at my gym and make all those daft videos I make about it since I go for free, but what the Hell. Those clients are still morons![/quote]

That’s fucking unreal.I thought you lived in Asia though??

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

[quote]markdp wrote:

WTF 25/month in the US

Because there are no cats in America.

[quote]wigsa wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I finished that 18 months about 3 years ago so I’ve been going free since. I really shouldn’t get so pissed off at my gym and make all those daft videos I make about it since I go for free, but what the Hell. Those clients are still morons![/quote]

That’s fucking unreal.I thought you lived in Asia though??[/quote]

I do, California Fitness is the name of the affiliates here in Asia.