T Nation

New Guy

Hello everyone, I just signed up and I am having a blast reading these posts. It seems I finally found a website where I might get decent info. and real responses.
I am 17, 6’1 and 175lbs. I was at 200 a month and a half ago, but I have dropped the weight in order to become more healthy. I have changed my diet and workout and I am focusing 110% on improving my body. My goal is to be 225lbs of muscle by next football season. I am going to go out for inside linebacker, a switch from my old position of offensive guard.

Does anyone have any tips on supplements or a lifting program I should be following right now? I would like to bulk up as big as possible and be as strong and fast as possible for next season.
Right now I take 180g of protein a day, along wtih ZMA and glutamine. I work out chest, tris, shoulders on day “A”, back and bis on “B” and legs and abs on “C”. Then I repeat after a days rest. I also do cardio every day for 20-30 minutes.
Any help or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.

If your goal is to be an outside linebacker for next season, then I would look into training geared more for athletics. Although there are tons of programs on this site that can help you get bigger, not all of them will help you as a football player. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions from the homepage, and scroll down to the section on training for athletes. Check them out and see if you find one you like.