New Guy

Hello everyone, this is my first post although I have been lurking for a while trying to learn and improve on my training. First off I would like to thank everyone for all of the great information I have picked up and although it can be a little overwhelming at times, I have picked up some great knowledge.
I would like to get some advice from some of the more seasoned members here and see if I am on the right track.

First a little background. I am 54, 5’ 10" 152 lbs.
I have always been active and did a lot of cardio but never much in the way of resistance training. I started lifting about 6 months ago and have seen some modest gains so I would like to see if I am on the right track. The guys at the gym I go to are very helpful but I seem to get some very conflicting advice so I wind up just getting confused. Here is what I am doing.

3 day a week WO. Mon, Wed & Fri.
Barbell Curls
French Press
Military Press
Bench Press
Bent Rows
Shrugs
Calf raises
Squats

I have been experimenting with sets. I had started off with 12, 10, 8, but have just tried 5X5.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you again for all of the great info. Cheers.

JC

Welcome. 5x5 is a great place to start. Consistency is key, go when you’re supposed to and try to be better each day.

Welcome…

Welcome ^ listen to this guy