New Guy

Hi everyone,

I have been reading articles from the site for a while now but have never posted on the forums. I am 26 and recently started really dedicating myself to getting into shape. I have always been an on again off again guy and naturally never made much in the way of gains.

For the past six weeks or so i have been hitting the gym hard and consistently and I feel great and i am really starting to notice a change. I have also made a huge change in my diet.

While it may not be as clean as it should be I have cut out all the junk food, soda and everything else that was bringing me down. I work on a ship so my meals are at the mercy of the cooks on board but there is usually a healthy choice so I go with that.

I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully i can contribute something at some point.

5"10
179lbs
Chest = 42"
Waist = 33"
Bicep = 14.50" (L)
14.75" (R)
BF = ?

Starting Picture taken on April 26th, 2008

183lbs

Recent picture taken May 16th

179lbs

I have other pictures, but wasn’t 100% sure whether i should post them here or in the gallery section.

Welcome to the Nation.

Your farmer’s tan is hilarious.

I’m glad i could bring a little joy into your life, lol. I was working outside all day with a sleeveless shirt on as you can see.

Tribal armband tattoo - Check!
Asian ‘word’ tattoo - Check!
Goatee - Check!

The '90’s weren’t kind to you, were they?

Just giving you a hard time…not a bad improvement for about a month. Don’t those ‘beginner’s gains’ just fucking rock?

Hehe yeah the 90’s weren’t too bad, lol. The goatee is by request of the g/f and she lets me do dirty things to her so it’s a trade off.

Good luck with your new found training commitment man. You’re making good progress so far, stick at it.

[quote]bryanlee wrote:
Hehe yeah the 90’s weren’t too bad, lol. The goatee is by request of the g/f and she lets me do dirty things to her so it’s a trade off. [/quote]

I’m just down on goatees because it’s pretty much part of the evangelical uniform.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
I’m just down on goatees because it’s pretty much part of the evangelical uniform.[/quote]

Lol, I can assure you that is not the case here.

Good work so far Bro! Keep working at it and you will acheive your goal I have 2 recomendations for you!

1 - Read “Strating Strenth” Its a great program for people new to the lifting game and will really start to get those Muscles growing!

2 - Look into a diet that you will stick with and that is possible to do on the ship! I would recomend the “Anabolic diet”! Its great cuz you will be getting lots of food for muscle growth and youl be leaning out as well!

Good luck and lift HEAVY

Dave.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will read up on both.

Good luck.

[quote]bryanlee wrote:
Hehe yeah the 90’s weren’t too bad, lol. The goatee is by request of the g/f and she lets me do dirty things to her so it’s a trade off. [/quote]

lmao, wife has been bugging me to grow mine again, gonna ask her I can do dirty things to her if I do, course thats what got me two kids to begin with…