New Guy - New Start

Ok boy’s , here we go …

age-38
height-6’2
waist-40
body & facial hair-Hairy everywere except my head
were I carry fat & how changed- Gut & face , 40lbs in 4 years
health conditions- High blood pressure , May 2012
Rx & OTC drugs , hair loss drugs or prostate-Lisinopril for HB and hooked on nose spray-12 years
describe diet-coffee-V8 in the morning, lunch-sandwich with chips and tea ,Dinner-traditional
training-on and off , just started up again
testes ache, ever , fever- can’t say that they have
morning wood & nocturnal wood- nope , nothing …

Quick back ground
Grew up playing sports , very sexual active at a young age , Got married , 2 boys -and everything was great -loving life !!
July 2009 my oldest son was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - we battled for 3 years and won !!
fast foward to today , the stress really took it’s toll on me , sometime in May I just felt so worn out I had trouble working , I went to a family Dr. and he said I had high Blood pressure-ok great !! yeah still felt like shit … A buddy at work told me about HRT and to look into it and sure enough I had all the symptoms …I did crazy research and schooled my self before I went back to the Dr. , asked him to please check my test , he did , came back very low … He wanted to do one shot once a month , I told him that would make it worst then it is now and we began to argue about it so I walked out … I went to , 2 other Dr’s and it was the same crap all over again…

Finally I found a Dr. willing to look into why my test was so low and to treat it properly …He did what I believe to be all the right blood work and more .This was at the begining of Dec .I a couple more tests that he wants to run but my insurance wont cover them , so it might take a little while … But for now I am on 150mg of test C broken up into twice a week …

Here are some of my recent lab results …

I hope to learn and share …

You may have a pre-diabetic state. Testing fasting insulin and other stuff would be useful.

TSH is up a little bit while fT3 and fT4 are well above mid range. Given your stress history and odd cortisol profile, I suspect adrenal fatigue [AF]. Google Wilson’s book on that and read. With AF we can expect to see elevated rT3 which blocks fT3. The hypothalamus would then “see” less thyroid hormone in your blood and call for more TSH to compensate. So test rT3.

BP:
CRP is a marker for inflammatory processes in the arteries. However it is not cardio specific at all and other things can cause high CRP. A chronic infection or other process can cause this. Your high WBC also suggests an infection.

Inflammatory factors from chronic infections do cause endothelial cell damage. The endothelial cells separate the blood from the arterial body and are one cell deep. Endothelial dysfunction is the process of heart disease.

Homocysteine is cardio specific and it does not suggest a major cardio inflammatory process.
Hematocrit [HTC] should be low with your low testosterone, so I will call high HTC.

Do you have a persistent cough? history relative to ACE and other issues…

Why no cholesterol data?

Liver:

ALT is liver specific but not really high. See Liver function tests - Wikipedia Review alcohol, toxins, OTC and Rx meds for liver loading.

Pituitary:

• you are growth hormone deficient for your age. Given that ACE inhibitors typically increase IGF-1, your levels are even more of a concern. Have doctors consider this as a factor in your other issues. Your current docs may be unable or unwilling to deal with this issue or TRT.

TRT:
Some docs feel that TRT increases risks of heart attacks. There is zero evidence for that. We do know that low T and low DHEA are risk factors for CV disease.

Action items:

• get 5000iu vit-D3 tiny oil caps from walmart
    – take 20,000 per day for one week, then 5000 per day thereafter
  • high potency B complex multi vit with trace minerals and iodine
  • vitamin C 1000mg and natural source vit-E
  • DHEA 50mg/day for one week, then 25/day
  • high potency fish oil caps and other EFAs [nuts, flax seed meal, flax seed oil]
  • CoQ10 as ubiquinol 100 mg/day
  • TRT at T+AI+hCG with E2 managed to near 22pg/ml as needed
  • test prolactin
  • test rT3
  • read advice for new guys stick with open mind to comorbidities
  • have doc palpate thyroid for size, symmetry and smoothness [no lumps].
  • read the post/sticky “thyroid basics”
    – check and post body temperatures as per above
    – report iodine intake from iodized salt and/or vitamins [with history of that]
  • above measures will tend to lower BP, monitor BP and have meds adjusted as needed
  • do not eat grapefruit
  • investigate diabetic issues
    Sex hormone-binding globulin - Wikipedia
    – diabetes lowers SHBG, your E2=20 does not explain your SHBG
  • Purchase and read Wilson’s book
  • reduce iron intake, get high ferritin evaluated
  • investigate chronic infection, parasites, things like Lyme disease, gum disease
  • add/edit cholesterol data into your post above, low cholesterol is dangerous
  • list all supplements, recent OTC drugs and Rx drugs with history [aspirin etc]

Ferritin is high, consistent with above. Serum iron is elevated, something is wrong. See a hematologist. Stop eating any foods that are iron fortified. Many breakfast cereals are iron fortified to nourish children. If you have an opportunity to donate blood, do it. But you need to know that you are healthy and not donating a pathogen.

Please do not miss items above, it is difficult to audit and see what you miss.

KS gave you an excellent response.

The name of an important test for this is HGBA1C it measures glucose average of three months.

Another type of infection could be a UTI.

You seem to be secondary and with GH also that low there seems to be a problem with your pitutiary. ACTH should also be tested.

Keep us updated!

Thank you for taking the time to go over my Labs KSman… You echoed what my Dr. Told me, I will take your advice and get those supplements . I did also have a sinus infection at the time … I am taking this very serious and changing my diet and working out with a purpose …

One other thing , the Doc believes I have a problem digesting proteins , may have a problem with my stomach enzymes …so I will BR taking a test for that as well …

I will keep you posted , thanks again for looking !

[quote]609Bone wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to go over my Labs KSman… You echoed what my Dr. Told me, I will take your advice and get those supplements . I did also have a sinus infection at the time … I am taking this very serious and changing my diet and working out with a purpose …

One other thing , the Doc believes I have a problem digesting proteins , may have a problem with my stomach enzymes …so I will BR taking a test for that as well …

I will keep you posted , thanks again for looking ! [/quote]

Duozyme is an excellent product.

[quote]Tunapancake wrote:

[quote]609Bone wrote:

I will keep you posted , thanks again for looking ! [/quote]

Duozyme is an excellent product.[/quote]

Can I buy this OTC ? I know I still need to do the test , and I will …
But if it’s something that can only help I’m all for it …
Thank’s for looking in on me Tuna !