T Nation

New Guy in Ontario - Stuck . .

Hi, I’m a 57 year old male in Ontario who has been taking test enanthate as TRT for 4 months, small dose Arimidex for 3 weeks. My recently retired doctor prescribed both of these to me on my suggestion; he really didn’t know much about TRT. I like my new doctor a lot, but he readily admits he doesn’t know very much about TRT either; both of these doctors were Androgel prescribers and “wish you the best of luck”.

I’ve had mixed results and know I need a knowledgeable doc. I’ve responded very well to the injections, even on a small dose of Test E; I inject 50mgs. every 4 days, works out to 87.5 mg per week. Unfortunately my E went up too high (56 in American numbers) so I had the retiring doctor give me an Arimidex script, 1/8 mg. Arimidex daily (had it compounded), 20 days ago now, will get test results soon.

Meanwhile, my testicles are shrinking, and I’m not crazy about it. If they stopped shrinking at this point, I could live with it (even though one of them threatens to head North everytime I get close to orgasm) but I’ve read so much about HCG that I’d like to get on a dose of that.

The problem is where to get it from in Ontario? There’s only two doctors that I’ve read about in the whole province that seem to involve themselves in TRT. One is Dr. Welchner in Aurora, and the other is Dr. Komer in Burlington. I’ve heard that Dr. Komer rushes his patients, maybe just internet talk? Anybody know of him? Thoughts?

The other doctor, Dr. Welchner, seems to have a good reputation, but talks about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, BHRT. Is that the same as traditional TRT? I don’t want to get into any strange “alternative medicine” stuff. Does anyone know of Dr. Welchner, and is BHRT the same as TRT?

Please share your thoughts with me, I’ve been on my own with this whole thing too long!

Good luck!! You have been lucky so far to even get AI in ontario:)

I talked to the secretary of the guy in aurora and i did get a good review from a natural food store but ya he is more geared towards creams and saw palmetto and wants 300 for a consultation and then 1000 for the year. i highly doubt ur getting hcg out of him but if you make out good please let me know!!

Injected testosterone esters are a time release bio-identical testosterone delivery system. Testosterone is testosterone.

Read the stickies!

Dr.kormer does use hcg and it’s 150 for the first visit and the rest is covered… need a referral from ur family doctor and the are into feb of next year for new appts but you can go on the wait list for cancellations… I give it a shot i guess… goodluck!!

Thanks for the responses guys, I have an appointment next week with Dr. Welchner.

KSman, I READ the stickies. So, determined to prove that there is no comment there on bio-identical hormones, I REREAD them, all of them. And do you know what I found under “Advice for New Guys”? The following . . . “The two most common T esters are testosterone cypionate and testosterone ethanate, also known as cyp and eth. As the dose also includes the weight of the ester group, once the ester group is removed in your body, the mg’s of testosterone is less than the mg’s of T ester injected. The result is around 70% bio-identical testosterone.”

HA!

Sorry . . .

[quote]Ontarioguy wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys, I have an appointment next week with Dr. Welchner.

KSman, I READ the stickies. So, determined to prove that there is no comment there on bio-identical hormones, I REREAD them, all of them. And do you know what I found under “Advice for New Guys”? The following . . . “The two most common T esters are testosterone cypionate and testosterone ethanate, also known as cyp and eth. As the dose also includes the weight of the ester group, once the ester group is removed in your body, the mg’s of testosterone is less than the mg’s of T ester injected. The result is around 70% bio-identical testosterone.”

HA!

Sorry . . .[/quote]

Test E and Test C are Bio Identical Hormones if that helps. I would get on HCG if you can. It helped me in other ways besides the atrophy. It may be that it has a direct affect on the brain or the fact the testes are functional and contributing to other things? I had to lower my T dose after on it for a while. What I was taking to keep me in the 800 range bumped me up to over 1000.