New Guy Here

Just wanted to introduce myself to these forums. I have been lurking in here and reading all the articles at T-Muscle for some time now. I am 19 years old and have been training for 1.3 years so I’m still a beginner. I am 205 lbs @ 20%BF and I want to cut. Currently I’m in between work-out programs and I’m thinking on trying 5/3/1. Looking forward to being a part of this intense site!!

anyone know how to get a dp?

I only know of on DP, but, uhhh, it probably isn’t what you’re thinking about.

Clean up your diet and throw in Cosgrove complexes twice a week. Do that for 2-3 weeks see where you are at then you can bump up to 3 days a week…don’t switch to 3 days a week unless your stalled though, you want to have an ace in the hole.

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
Clean up your diet and throw in cosgrove complexes twice a week. Do that for 2-3 weeks see where you are at then you can bump up to 3 days a week…don’t switch to 3 days a week unless your stalled though, you want to have an ace in the hole.[/quote]

I definitely need to keep a better diet. But as far as routines go I think I would like to go with 5/3/1 since I’m still looking for strength.

[quote]wheyboy wrote:

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
Clean up your diet and throw in cosgrove complexes twice a week. Do that for 2-3 weeks see where you are at then you can bump up to 3 days a week…don’t switch to 3 days a week unless your stalled though, you want to have an ace in the hole.[/quote]

I definitely need to keep a better diet. But as far as routines go I think I would like to go with 5/3/1 since I’m still looking for strength. [/quote]
You can still throw in complexes after your workout, they help with strength too. If you clean up the diet and do work at the gym the fat will come off fast.

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:

[quote]wheyboy wrote:

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:

I definitely need to keep a better diet. But as far as routines go I think I would like to go with 5/3/1 since I’m still looking for strength. [/quote]
You can still throw in complexes after your workout, they help with strength too. If you clean up the diet and do work at the gym the fat will come off fast.
[/quote]

I’ll see what I can do, maybe I’ll throw them in after the Press and Bench Press days since the complex is mainly lower-body. Thanks for the help man

[quote]wheyboy wrote:

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:

[quote]wheyboy wrote:

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll see what I can do, maybe I’ll throw them in after the Press and Bench Press days since the complex is mainly lower-body. Thanks for the help man
[/quote]
No problem, one more thing though. Take out the Good mornings and push presses that way you can keep upping the weight you use on it…Your push presses and good mornings(at least for me) won’t keep up with the squats/deadlift/powerclean increases.

You wont find many powerlifters training Cosgrove style or doing complexes… Just something to think about if you are truly after pure strength training.

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
You wont find many powerlifters training Cosgrove style or doing complexes… Just something to think about if you are truly after pure strength training.[/quote]

Couldn’t a Cosgrove complex fall under GPP work though?

GPP can certainly help with your conditioning but if I recall Cosgrove mainly deals with fat-loss clients. Check out Wendlers (531) and Dave Tate’s articles on here and at elitefts.com for training realated to getting strong as fuck. Check out this article on hill sprints from Wendler himself.

Im not trying to knock Cosgrove or anyone else, Im just saying dont try and take a bunch of different training stytles and programs and try and mash them together. You’ll end up with half-ass results. The whole chasing two rabbits analogy.

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
GPP can certainly help with your conditioning but if I recall Cosgrove mainly deals with fat-loss clients. Check out Wendlers (531) and Dave Tate’s articles on here and at elitefts.com for training realated to getting strong as fuck. Check out this article on hill sprints from Wendler himself.

Im not trying to knock Cosgrove or anyone else, Im just saying dont try and take a bunch of different training stytles and programs and try and mash them together. You’ll end up with half-ass results. The whole chasing two rabbits analogy.

[/quote]

Actually I’ve already read that one(article) and liked it very much.

On second though I think 5/3/1 on a calorie deficit will be tiring enough without the barbell complex, anything more would be too much and cause me to stall or even loose strength.