New Guy Advice for Carb Cycling

Hey guys, I’m brand new here looking for some help. I ran across this forum trying to find beginner strongman workouts. I was in the military so I spent a lot of time in the gym doing body building type workouts, but got frustrated that I never was that strong. I switched to the Stronglifts 5x5 workout about 8 months ago and love it. I’ve gotten a lot stronger compared to my old personal records. I just started incorporating some tire flipping and dragging and sledging hammering after I got a free tractor tire from a farmer near me.

My problem though is this: I haven’t ever been able to get rid of my belly fat. I read this quote in an article on fat burning here, “Guys and gals who consistently train hard, follow the low-carb trend, think they’re doing everything right, are lean everywhere else, but hold flab right around the midsection.” and it basically describes me. I have been trying ketosis for awhile now hoping I could burn the fat off but haven’t had any luck. I’ve never tried any kind of carb cycling, (and generally stay away from carbs) so if anyone has any advice on how to start out with a diet that includes carbs at specific times of the day or any good experiences they have had I am all ears.

the easiest way to do it is to have the majority of your carbs around your workout, and lower them on days you don’t train.

That’s a very simple carb cycling method.

Huh alright. I like simple. Time to do some research and figure out the right kinda carbs for me.