T Nation

New Grow! Recipe

2 scoops Vanilla Grow, 16 oz milk with about 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, a tablespoon of apple juice concentrate, some cinnamon and nutmeg. Tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. I put some oatmeal in it too for carbs and thickness.

You’ll have to play with it for carb content - pumpkin is pretty low carb. It’s wunderbar!

Have you tried it without the apple juice concentrate? It sounds great though, I’ll have to give it a try soon.

Canned pumpkin? I have not seen that in the supermarket. Can you give the calories and their breakdown? Does it contain a lot of sugar?

I used to stock up on canned pumpkin around thanksgiving time when it was cheap and mix a little pumpkin up with cottage cheese, sweeten with artificial sweetner to taste (sucralose was best) and add a ton of cinnamon then top it off with a little fiber one cereal or dry oatmeal. You can thin it a little with egg beaters or a little milk. That would taste like pumpkin pie. Pumpkin is fairly low carb and low calorie. The pumpkin does have a fairly strong taste though so it’s best to go easy on the pumpkin till you get the right mix.

Canned pumpkin is really common because people use it to make pumpkin pie. Libby’s is the most common brand that I have found. Canned pumpkin is good stuff. It’s loaded with fiber and all sorts of good antioxidant compounds. Each 15oz can contains 3.5 servings. Protein-2g, Total Carb-9g (5g Fiber and 4g Sugar), Fat-0.5g, Calories-40. Canned pumpkin can easily fit into any diet, but you just need a recipe to make it taste good. I’ll be giving this shake a try in the next few days.