T Nation

New Grand Theft Auto

[quote]Makavali wrote:
They censored it over here. They removed a whole portion of the game.

[/quote]

Ouch! Thats gotta hurt. I feel for you buddy.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

um, wow. why the hell?

I got it on x360 but haven’t played much yet. My gamertag is SloGrind. Add me to your friends list and I’ll shoot you in the face and steal your car.

[quote]bmitch wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I thought the release date was today - what do you mean early, ProfX?

It came out at midnight on Monday night[/quote]

I thought today was Tuesday. It’s been a long couple of days around here.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
Makavali wrote:

um, wow. why the hell?[/quote]

Dude - your avatar. Disturbing doesn’t even BEGIN to describe it.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
Makavali wrote:

Because of those PC muthafuckers who can’t take personal responsibility and make up for it by banning anything that threatens their ‘wholesome’ family values.

It amazes me, seeing as the game is going to be R18 anyway.

[quote]rsg wrote:
bmitch wrote:
rsg wrote:
masonator wrote:
Damnit, now I HAVE to get a PS3. HELLOO hours spent killing hookers and wrecking cars, goodbye social life haha

Not to mention flying around in cars and listening to 90’s music.

Damn, I’m so tempted to get myself a tv and xbox…

Lol, you can always wait until it comes out for computer (if it does) and then just download it

I’m sporting a laptop at home with crappy graphics, I’d have to sit at the office playing on my jacked up graphics machine. Nothing like playing on a 32"+ LCD though…[/quote]

that’d be awesome

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

that sucks… buy it off ebay or online lol

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
Makavali wrote:

what is going on in your avatar???

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
I skipped the last GTA b/c I was kind of tired of the series …

That was a bad move. That was the FIRST one I got and it makes the others look weak in comparison. It was the first one that made you actually feel like you are there.[/quote]

Is San Andreas backwards-compatible for the 360? If so, I might give it a try.

im so fucking jealous of you all

how is the multiplayer like?

Typical GTA game.

Fucked driving engine, appalling combat mechanics, ‘compelling’ story, too much attention to detail at the expense of gameplay.

Bring back the 2D top-down GTA. Those wailed.

Edit: fuck do I sound like a geek.

Just do not get the hype around these games. Every time I play them for hours, realize that I can’t stand them, and vow to never play them again.

Then the new one comes out and I have to try it, leaving me where I am now.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:

That was a bad move. That was the FIRST one I got and it makes the others look weak in comparison. It was the first one that made you actually feel like you are there.

Is San Andreas backwards-compatible for the 360? If so, I might give it a try.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it is

[quote]rainjack wrote:
FlavaDave wrote:
Makavali wrote:

um, wow. why the hell?

Dude - your avatar. Disturbing doesn’t even BEGIN to describe it. [/quote]

HAHA

I spent a good 15 seconds wondering what the hell I was looking at.

[quote]marathe wrote:
Typical GTA game.

Fucked driving engine, appalling combat mechanics, ‘compelling’ story, too much attention to detail at the expense of gameplay.

Just do not get the hype around these games. Every time I play them for hours, realize that I can’t stand them, and vow to never play them again.

Then the new one comes out and I have to try it, leaving me where I am now.[/quote]

Why would you buy games you have no interest in? I don’t like role playing games, therefore, there are none in my house.

You make very little sense. I am even more lost as to why you would make a post about how you buy shit that you don’t like.

That doesn’t mean the game sucks…it means something else entirely.

im going to get it for my 360 just because the series always continues to impress me.

although, im still a huge gears of war fan. when number 2 comes out, thats probably the onl game ill ever play.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
marathe wrote:
Typical GTA game.

Then the new one comes out and I have to try it, leaving me where I am now.

Why would you buy games you have no interest in? I don’t like role playing games, therefore, there are none in my house.

You make very little sense. I am even more lost as to why you would make a post about how you buy shit that you don’t like.

That doesn’t mean the game sucks…it means something else entirely.[/quote]

Rented, not bought.

Mainly to see if they’d changed any of the driving physics in this version.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:

That was a bad move. That was the FIRST one I got and it makes the others look weak in comparison. It was the first one that made you actually feel like you are there.

Is San Andreas backwards-compatible for the 360? If so, I might give it a try.[/quote]

Yes.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

I’m about to buy a 360 for me and my son - I’ve been debating between that and a 360.

For the PS3, the only game I’m remotely interested in that’s exclusive is Warhammer, and Resistance: Fall of Man. And maybe the new Metal Gear Solid. That’s not enough to make me get a PS3.

I’m pretty much going to go nuts in the next few months with the following games on the 360:

GTA IV
Halo 3 (I will play this with my son)
Bioshock
Gears Of War
Call of Duty 4

On Wii, me and my kid have been playing Mario Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Also buying PS3 + GTA4 very soon! The only GTA I ever played was San Andreas on the PS2 and it was incredible. This game alone and Blu-Ray are enough to make me buy a PS3. Not sure which model though (is it 30 and 60 gig now?); I guess I’ll get the cheapest.

Still havent got a kitchen table and couch in my apartement (and many other things), looks like these things will have to wait. I have a 32" HDTV though.