T Nation

New Grand Theft Auto

has anyone played this yet? It looks to be an amazing game, I might even have to buy a ps3 just to get this game… it got a 10 from gamespot!!!

I hear “revolutionary” describes it well. I may just have to go ahead and get one ahead of schedule.

Getting it tomorrow, or Friday - depending on when we go to a town big enough to sell video games.

I thought the release date was today - what do you mean early, ProfX?

Damnit, now I HAVE to get a PS3. HELLOO hours spent killing hookers and wrecking cars, goodbye social life haha

[quote]bmitch wrote:
has anyone played this yet? It looks to be an amazing game, I might even have to buy a ps3 just to get this game… it got a 10 from gamespot!!![/quote]

A 10 from gamespot is impressive, I can’t wait!

[quote]masonator wrote:
Damnit, now I HAVE to get a PS3. HELLOO hours spent killing hookers and wrecking cars, goodbye social life haha[/quote]

Not to mention flying around in cars and listening to 90’s music.

Damn, I’m so tempted to get myself a tv and xbox…

I got it monday at midnight for my 360. Lets just say i have put in 7 hours so far. Last day of class was monday, so it couldnt have worked out better.

[quote]bmitch wrote:
has anyone played this yet? It looks to be an amazing game, I might even have to buy a ps3 just to get this game… it got a 10 from gamespot!!![/quote]

yeah im waiting on my tax return then going to be purchasing a ps3 and gta iv

I picked it up on the Xbox 360 and it’s really good. Played the single player for a little while and did some free roaming multiplayer with a few friends. The attention to detail and the production values are amazing. And it’s just fun to run around and do random stuff.

For the guys getting a PS3 just to get GTA IV, don’t. The 360 will have additional (exclusive) downloadable missions via xbox live. Also I hear the multiplayer on the PS3 keeps booting people off.

If your getting a PS3 Just for the love of the system then by all means do. If its just for the GTA IV then the 360 is the superior platform.

Oh yeah, the game is freakin solid, I live in NYC so its really cool to look at their view of NYC/Liberty City. Also if you get a chance, watch the T.V. shows in Niko’s apartment, they are fucking hilarious!!

The driving has a bit of a steep learning curve although.

I skipped the last GTA b/c I was kind of tired of the series but I have to admit I’m excited about this one. Not sure when I’ll pick it up, likely over the summer when I have more time to actually play the game.

Also thinking of getting the GTA’s for my PSP.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I thought the release date was today - what do you mean early, ProfX?[/quote]

It came out at midnight on Monday night

[quote]rsg wrote:
masonator wrote:
Damnit, now I HAVE to get a PS3. HELLOO hours spent killing hookers and wrecking cars, goodbye social life haha

Damn, I’m so tempted to get myself a tv and xbox…[/quote]

Lol, you can always wait until it comes out for computer (if it does) and then just download it

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
For the guys getting a PS3 just to get GTA IV, don’t. The 360 will have additional (exclusive) downloadable missions via xbox live. Also I hear the multiplayer on the PS3 keeps booting people off.

If your getting a PS3 Just for the love of the system then by all means do. If its just for the GTA IV then the 360 is the superior platform.

Oh yeah, the game is freakin solid, I live in NYC so its really cool to look at their view of NYC/Liberty City. Also if you get a chance, watch the T.V. shows in Niko’s apartment, they are fucking hilarious!!

The driving has a bit of a steep learning curve although.[/quote]

Chances are those problems will go away within the next few days… most games have glitches/stuff that need to be patched when they come out.

Do you know if you can steer with the motion sensor control on the ps3?
Damn it sounds so much fun

[quote]bmitch wrote:
rsg wrote:
masonator wrote:

Damn, I’m so tempted to get myself a tv and xbox…

Lol, you can always wait until it comes out for computer (if it does) and then just download it[/quote]

I’m sporting a laptop at home with crappy graphics, I’d have to sit at the office playing on my jacked up graphics machine. Nothing like playing on a 32"+ LCD though…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I thought the release date was today - what do you mean early, ProfX?[/quote]

I had planned to wait until the end of May because I HATE putting anything on credit. I may still wait.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I skipped the last GTA b/c I was kind of tired of the series …[/quote]

That was a bad move. That was the FIRST one I got and it makes the others look weak in comparison. It was the first one that made you actually feel like you are there.

This game is the shit. The graphics are much better than what I expected and the details in a game this massive are amazing.

They censored it over here. They removed a whole portion of the game.