New Gatorade Protein

I was looking a bit and couldn’t find an existing thread on this but has anyone seen the new Gatorade G line or products with a pre workout, during, and post workout gatorade that even includes protein?

I was wondering if anyone had checked this out and what peoples thoughts were on this gatorade protocol lol? I’d like to try the gatorade protein drink just to see what it tastes like (its only 8 grams per serving and 2 servings per bottle so its not a ton of protein)

theres also a “Pro” series that features a 15 grams of pro per per serving/30 grams per bottle. Anyone have tried it or any thoughts?

No way this will replace my SWF/SR but it’d like to try it once to say that I’ve tried it.

.greg.

sounds like it will be expensive, lucozade tried the same thing

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/train-like-a-pro-athlete/

Articles on elitefts where a coach goes to Athletic Performance (the place where a bunch of first round draft picks train) and does a seminar type thing sponsored by Gatorade. He talks about it as most of the article is focused around it

Gatorade has had a “nutrional shake” for a while. But its not sold to the public. Colleges and pro sports teams get it. Is that what youre talking about?

Have not seen the new Gatorade with protein… Does it contain HFCS? Probably.

I recently started drinking a shake para-workout, I mix 1 scoop of gatorade powder (mostly dextrose, about 100g carbs) with 1 scoop whey protein (35g protein). not bad at all, alot better than the chocolate milk that I was doing.

This sounds exactly like Accelerade which has been around for a long time and is a staple for endurance athletes.

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/train-like-a-pro-athlete/

Articles on elitefts where a coach goes to Athletic Performance (the place where a bunch of first round draft picks train) and does a seminar type thing sponsored by Gatorade. He talks about it as most of the article is focused around it[/quote]

Watch the contrast shower vid in that link.

LAWLS.

I tried it not bad…and BONEZ, no its not that same nutritional shake its a new line that gatorde just launched. I didnt see any hfcs on the nutritional facts either…oh and they use whey isolate

I also saw this protein drink this weekend, to be honest I was quite surprised by the fact it had hydrolyzed whey protein as the sole source of protein.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
I tried it not bad…and BONEZ, no its not that same nutritional shake its a new line that gatorde just launched. I didnt see any hfcs on the nutritional facts either…oh and they use whey isolate[/quote]

Oh ok then I havent heard of this new stuff

Yeah I just saw the commercial for it today. My girlfriend told me about it a few days ago… the “pro series” is only available at GNC i guess?

USMC: A bunch of buddies of mine from work went to API in Florida about a year ago but this product wasnt out then. I guess this is what they’re having their athletes use now?

Westcoast7: Yeah I know the accelerade stuff you’re talking about but i think this stuff is different. they have a pre, during, and post workout “drink” (the pre is one of those gel pack things?)

Cutthroat: Did it taste like a gatorade? Or is it more of the regular protein shake style?

Kind of interesting stuff.

.greg.

wow this is a huge rebranding for them.

we might not even see kanye west doing ads any more.

I tried their peanut butter carb+protein bar today with their 12oz carb preworkout drink. Then just some gatorade powder during the workout mixed with protein. Will definitly say the workout went better today. I would like to taste their protein drink sometime the one thats meant after sporting events not the one for after workouts as its suppose to have a gatorade consistency. I’ve always been a fan of Gatorade powder. For the record they took HFCS out of their ingredients I heard as many athletes complained about it.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Yeah I just saw the commercial for it today. My girlfriend told me about it a few days ago… the “pro series” is only available at GNC i guess?

USMC: A bunch of buddies of mine from work went to API in Florida about a year ago but this product wasnt out then. I guess this is what they’re having their athletes use now?

Westcoast7: Yeah I know the accelerade stuff you’re talking about but i think this stuff is different. they have a pre, during, and post workout “drink” (the pre is one of those gel pack things?)

Cutthroat: Did it taste like a gatorade? Or is it more of the regular protein shake style?

Kind of interesting stuff.

.greg.[/quote]

The one i tried had a vitamin water taste and texture, very good…I seen the new label read hyrolyzed whey as the protein source and bought it instantly. The RTD bottle I bought had 15grams of protein + I forgot how many carbs. It was for recovery

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

Articles on elitefts where a coach goes to Athletic Performance (the place where a bunch of first round draft picks train) and does a seminar type thing sponsored by Gatorade. He talks about it as most of the article is focused around it[/quote]

Watch the contrast shower vid in that link.

LAWLS.[/quote]

Guy sounded like a caged monkey…

gatorade.com/frequently_asked_questions/default.aspx

just good old whey protein. knew it was too good to be true. as if they would use whey hydrolysate, its too “expensive”.

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:

just good old whey protein. knew it was too good to be true. as if they would use whey hydrolysate, its too “expensive”.[/quote]

good find^

For anyone who has tried this where did you purchase it?

.greg.

just good old whey protein. knew it was too good to be true. as if they would use whey hydrolysate, its too “expensive”.[/quote]
Whey is whey it doesn’t matter how exactly is processed.

[quote]elih8er wrote:

Whey is whey it doesn’t matter how exactly is processed.[/quote]

When it comes to absorption it does. But yes many people do fine on regular whey isolates. Whey concentrate irritates my stomach a bit though.

I work in a college athletic department and recently came into quite a bit of Gatorade line. Basically there are two lines the commercial and the pro line. All the ad’s, and there have been a ton, have been for the commercial line but Gatorade is going to release both. I got the pro-series stuff in college back in 2000 so its been around just pushing public now.

In the commercial line they have the 1-2-3 thing, 1)Prime=CHO gel, 2)Preform=regular old Gatorade, 3)Recover=added PRO; one bottle equals 2 servings but thats crap. One full bottle is 130cal, 14g CHO (12 sugar) and 16 PRO, i use that during workout cause I get it free, but its not bad. The Recovery PRO source is ‘Hydrolyzed Whey Protein’

The pro-series which is more expansive has 3 options in the Prime phase; a CHO-bomb energy drink (82g CHO, NO PRO) that I used to take as a player, a bar [39CHO, 10PRO(Milk Pro Isolate)] and a shake (54CHO, 20Pro, again Milk Pro Isolate). Preform is again normal Gatorade and Recover is a different shake (33CHO, 15 PRO(isolate, casein blend)

Not terrible products I just wouldn’t use them as Gatorade suggests based on CHO/PRO ratio, PRO source etc. On a second note, I actually like the commercial Recovery pre and during workout cause it has added PRO and its the consistency of regular Gatorade and fruit flavored (fruit punch, strawberry kiwi). The thicker chocolate shakes from the pro-series right before or during workouts don’t sit well with me.