New Forums, They Are Back

Hey, it looks like they’ve added back a few of the forums that we’ve been asking for.

It’s nice to see that they have been listening to people’s suggestions. I do think there is a need for a Beginner’s forum, and the Article Discussions were taking up too much space in the Bodybuilding section.

Also good to see Physique and Performance Photos back. Life is getting back to normal. But somehow I don’t expect it to stay that way for long!

thanks,

Very good decision in my opinion. Makes for a better organized forum.

Thank you Tim and TC! This was a great decision, I think. Having a large number of forums devoted to specific topics actually serves to clean up the place, not clutter it. I’m especially happy the article discussions have their own place now.

[quote]shawninjapan wrote:
Thank you Tim and TC! This was a great decision, I think. Having a large number of forums devoted to specific topics actually serves to clean up the place, not clutter it. [/quote]

Agreed. Plus, you can just “de-select” the forums you don’t want to read.

I think they should start an MMA one. The “Get a Life” section is always turning into a de facto one. May as well make it “official.”

T-Nation, thanks for listening and responding to the posters!

Celeste

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

I think they should start an MMA one. The “Get a Life” section is always turning into a de facto one. May as well make it “official.”[/quote]

Actually, I’d noticed it was the Strength forum that was becoming MMA HQ.

Putting in an MMA specialty forum at a bodybuilding site seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

But I guess if there’s a demand for it, then why not? No skin off my back.

Thanks T-Nation.

Especially pleased to see the return of the beginner’s forum and the article discussion is a really good idea.

I’m sure many are pleased to see the return of Muscle Sorority too.

Cheers.

Thanks T-Nation, the changes (back) are much appreciated!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
shawninjapan wrote:
Thank you Tim and TC! This was a great decision, I think. Having a large number of forums devoted to specific topics actually serves to clean up the place, not clutter it.

I think they should start an MMA one. The “Get a Life” section is always turning into a de facto one. May as well make it “official.”[/quote]

Agreed, especially since I’ve noticed a lot of double threads in both strength sports and off-topic discussing the UFC PPV’s and what-not.

If TC and co. are opposed to creating a separate MMA forum, I think they should at least sticky the MMA locker room thread and use it as a catch-all for all MMA topics. That would prevent the multiple topic posts and clear up room in strength sports for posts more related to that topic.

I like this round of changes. Nice work!

And now that they’ve bowed to our desires, I hope that WE can step up and give Tim and TC what THEY would like, namely less mocking and more mentoring of those posting in the Beginners section, and a little more respect for each other’s goals.

The best way to keep the site great is to encourage each other to be more than we are, not slam others for being less than what we want.

Agreed, 100%. I think the beginner forum should be a place to ask questions without fear of being flamed.

It would make for a better site if everyone realized that we all have different goals, and even within those goals there are many ways to go about attaining them.

There certainly is nothing wrong with having a strong opinion, but being close minded is a poor approach to learning. Most of the coaches here, as well as outside this forum, read and learn from people who’s views ARE NOT exactly the same as their own.

(Sorry if this is a re-post, my computer is having “issues” again)

[quote]
TShaw wrote:
And now that they’ve bowed to our desires, I hope that WE can step up and give Tim and TC what THEY would like, namely less mocking and more mentoring of those posting in the Beginners section, and a little more respect for each other’s goals.

The best way to keep the site great is to encourage each other to be more than we are, not slam others for being less than what we want.

pushharder wrote:
Tomorrow’s Strong Words?[/quote]

Pffft! It’s only common sense. But as my slightly better known ancestor said, “Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is wisdom.”