New Firefox Video Problem

Unfortunately, my firefox just upgraded itself automatically, I had no say in the matter. My problem is that now firefox wont play videos (regular youtube, non-youtube videos embedded in an article, whatever) unless the video is actually visible on my screen. So whereas previously I could play a music video on youtube and open another tab to surf other sites while I listened to the song, I cant do that anymore. When I was on a news site reading an article with video, I might start the video and then scroll down to skim the rest of the article. Cant do that anymore either. Any ideas?

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Unfortunately, my firefox just upgraded itself automatically, I had no say in the matter. My problem is that now firefox wont play videos (regular youtube, non-youtube videos embedded in an article, whatever) unless the video is actually visible on my screen. So whereas previously I could play a music video on youtube and open another tab to surf other sites while I listened to the song, I cant do that anymore. When I was on a news site reading an article with video, I might start the video and then scroll down to skim the rest of the article. Cant do that anymore either. Any ideas?[/quote]

This sounds like a bug. If it was a feature, they’d give you control over it.

Post your problem in the following board. Make sure to include the OS and version of your browser (Help->About Mozilla Firefox).

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

Best of luck,

I blame Bush’s foreign policy and most of all Israel.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I blame Bush’s foreign policy and most of all Israel. [/quote]

LOL!!!

But seriously KBC, don’t you get a dialog box prompting your response before a Firefox upgrade occurs? I always do. Are you on a Mac?

I’m running Firefox (2.0.0.13 – the latest version), and I don’t have that problem.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
I’m running Firefox (2.0.0.13 – the latest version), and I don’t have that problem.[/quote]

Same here. Are you saying that you start an embedded video and as soon as you scroll the video stops?

I prefer Opera.

Try reinstalling your flash plugin.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Download the latest Firefox. I had the same problem over the weekend and downloading the latest version fixed it.

Same issues with me, except the browser kept crashing. I uninstalled, and then reinstalled the current version. Works fine now.

When does Firefox 3 get released?

Thanks for all the help guys, somehow the problem resolved itself. I’ll remember to check this out if I ever need help tho. Thanks again.