New Finibar vs Old Finibar

what is the major difference?

[quote]bwbski wrote:
what is the major difference?[/quote]

Slightly more protein, the bar itself is now wider rather than longer unlike the previous version and there is a crunch added(basically there are crisps in every bite now unlike the previous version)

I’m sure there are some minor tweaks in the formula but the macros are pretty much identical to the older version, they still taste pretty great so they are definitely worth checking out, i doubt you will regret it.

gluten free, better taste ( in general for most people ), easier to digest and chew

more protein and gluten free…nice! I wasn’t aware the older ones had gluten- yuck!

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
more protein and gluten free…nice! I wasn’t aware the older ones had gluten- yuck![/quote]

yep. was mainly traces I believe. however they were not gluten free which prevented quite a few customers from enjoying them

I feel like such an elitist… I never worry about all you gluten-sensitive types -lol.

Smart for business if it’s actually a concern for so many people.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I feel like such an elitist… I never worry about all you gluten-sensitive types -lol.

Smart for business if it’s actually a concern for so many people.

S[/quote]

I think even outside of that, long term considering how many some people consume going gluten free is the better long term health choice.

I’m sure TC was disappointed though, he tells me he likes extra gluten in his :slight_smile:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

I’m sure TC was disappointed though, he tells me he likes extra gluten in his :)[/quote]

I heard he sprinkles some flour on top of them these days to put the gluten back in :wink:

Never was a fan of Dark Chocolate, but the new “whey protein crisps” element to the new Finibars (both flavors) really adds a nice textural sensation to eating them. I personally found the flavors much better. The peanut butter one is WAY more peanut buttery, and I really like that!

Wish there was a third option for flavor though. The MD bars in the past had a nice lemon bar flavor that was excellent; I’m wondering how difficult that would be for formulating that flavor for Finibars.

I’m also noting that even though the total weight of the product is the same as the old (70 grams), the amount still seems “smaller”. Maybe it is a packaging illusion for me.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
Wish there was a third option for flavor though. The MD bars in the past had a nice lemon bar flavor that was excellent [/quote]

OMG, I remember those bars! We’re talking about a serious while back with those. I actually really liked them. Lemon’s not really a very popular flavor compared to Choc or PB, but I was a big fan.

S

The “old” finibars were my best friend and I used them often. My shipment of “new” finibars just arrived. The macros and gluten-free are great, but to me the new bars taste burnt. They’re very dry compared to the old formula, so they’re hard to chew.

Am I the only one to notice this? Perhaps I got a bad batch?

[quote]Uptrack wrote:

Am I the only one to notice this? [/quote]

no :-/
The old dark chocolate Finibars was my all-time all-brand preferred bars

Mat’

They do have a slight different taste. I think the Dark Chocolate isn’t as chocolatey as before.

But both are still fricking awesome microwaved!!!

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
They do have a slight different taste. I think the Dark Chocolate isn’t as chocolatey as before.

But both are still fricking awesome microwaved!!![/quote]

In fact they are better that way :slight_smile:

I like to take a PB and a chocolate, mash together, microwave and mmmm

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]BradyZ wrote:

But both are still fricking awesome microwaved!!![/quote]

In fact they are better that way :slight_smile:

I like to take a PB and a chocolate, mash together, microwave and mmmm[/quote]

I need to try that soon.