New Feature: Rate My Physique!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:

This forum is going to suck! Even more retards are going to post their pictures of their scrawny bodies using MySpace angles and pants hanging off their wastes.[/quote]

“Rate My Physique” is de facto how this forum originally operated. Most of the people would readily critique posted physiques. It was when a newbe posted his picture and asked for help that caused all of the “problems.” This way, with the new title, everyone knows what’s in store when posting a picture. It should, if anything, discourage what most forum fans consider inappropriate participation.

[quote]keaster wrote:

Says the guy receiving a paycheck.[/quote]

Pardon me, sir, but what the hell does this have to do with anything? This is my job; it isn’t like I stand to benefit any more if this feature succeeds. The fact that I get paid is one small part of what keeps this site running for you… for FREE.

Is there still performance pics though? Say for a powerlifter, strongman, MMA, or any other sport?

[quote]dl- wrote:
Is there still performance pics though? Say for a powerlifter, strongman, MMA, or any other sport?[/quote]

You can post a picture in any of our forums.

I think it could work as long as people know this particular section will end up being a joke. Those that dont want to look at wankers posting pics of themselves can just avoid the forum.

People who have serious pics to post can use the Bodybuilding forum.

EDIT: I should say that I will be one of the people that will visit the forum and have a laugh at the wankers. I just hope that there is a place where people can be taken seriously.

Thanks to T-Nation for being willing to change and try out new stuff. It is part of what makes this site great.

[quote]keaster wrote:
LowfatMatt wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

This forum is going to suck! Even more retards are going to post their pictures of their scrawny bodies using MySpace angles and pants hanging off their wastes.

It’s actually exactly the same as it was, except now you can include a numeric rating with your criticisms. Makes it easier to determine which threads you want to look at with the rating displayed right in the category.

Says the guy receiving a paycheck.

[/quote]

Well, I say KUDOS to T-Nation for always looking for ways to improve this site. Some people will complain no matter what.

-Nick

Tim and Lowfatt:

Many of the threads now under “Rate My Physique” simply don’t seem to “fit” there. Also, Jillybop has brought up a legitimate concern about people perhaps wanting ADVICE…but not a “rating”.

It also seems to me that “Article Discussion” could have a separate heading.

So my thoughts/suggestions:

Article Discussion

Bodybuilding/Training Logs

Rate My Physique

Supplements and Nutrition

Strength Sports

Sex and the Male Animal

Politics and World Issues

Steroids

T-Nation Tech Support

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Many of the threads now under “Rate My Physique” simply don’t seem to “fit” there.[/quote]

And many do.

Regardless of past threads fitting or not, it’s time for a change with the photo forum, especially since you can post pictures in ALL of our forums.

We aren’t taking anything away from anyone. We’re simply narrowing the focus of this forum so that there’s no ambiguity about what to expect.

Posters seeking advice, for the most part, were not welcome in the Physique and Performance Photos, anyway. And many were humiliated when they tried.

With a title like “Rate My Physique,” there should be no doubt about what to expect.

Agree, Tim:

While my first “gut” reaction to “Rate My Physique” was:

“No,no,NOooooo…! Please don’t…!”…

I can see its value in the broader context of the other Forums.

Anyway…just some input I’ll hope you’ll consider.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Tim and Lowfatt:

Many of the threads now under “Rate My Physique” simply don’t seem to “fit” there. Also, Jillybop has brought up a legitimate concern about people perhaps wanting ADVICE…but not a “rating”.

Article Discussion

Rate My Physique

Strength Sports

Sex and the Male Animal

Steroids

T-Nation Tech Support

Mufasa

[/quote]

I agree with this. Is there any way there can still be a separate forum for strength sports and the other forums that never caused problems? It just seems that there are alot less options now and I’m not sure that is helping. Any response is greatly appreciated.

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Tim and Lowfatt:

Article Discussion

Rate My Physique

Strength Sports

Sex and the Male Animal

Steroids

T-Nation Tech Support

Mufasa

I agree with this. Is there any way there can still be a separate forum for strength sports and the other forums that never caused problems? It just seems that there are alot less options now and I’m not sure that is helping. Any response is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Strength sports still has its own forum.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
IronDude17 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Tim and Lowfatt:

Article Discussion

Rate My Physique

Strength Sports

Sex and the Male Animal

Steroids

T-Nation Tech Support

Mufasa

I agree with this. Is there any way there can still be a separate forum for strength sports and the other forums that never caused problems? It just seems that there are alot less options now and I’m not sure that is helping. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Strength sports still has its own forum.[/quote]

Yea I realized that after I posted but I mean Beginners, Over 35, Building a Better Body type of stuff. It’s fine if Bodybuilding is the new Better Body forum but what about the beginners and the older crowd forum? Just seems like there aren’t enough forum choices as there were before.

[quote]Tim Patterson wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Many of the threads now under “Rate My Physique” simply don’t seem to “fit” there.

And many do.

Regardless of past threads fitting or not, it’s time for a change with the photo forum, especially since you can post pictures in ALL of our forums.

We aren’t taking anything away from anyone. We’re simply narrowing the focus of this forum so that there’s no ambiguity about what to expect.

Posters seeking advice, for the most part, were not welcome in the Physique and Performance Photos, anyway. And many were humiliated when they tried.

With a title like “Rate My Physique,” there should be no doubt about what to expect.[/quote]

I have to agree with this.

So now the physique photo-section has been reduced to some kind of bastardized “Hot or Not” site?

Disappointing to say the least.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
rsg wrote:
AHAHAHAH. Rate me hot or not!

The 125lbs-ers are going to have a field day with this, then again, so are we. Nice.

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the new name of the forum. Hot or Not.

This forum is going to suck! Even more retards are going to post their pictures of their scrawny bodies using MySpace angles and pants hanging off their wastes.

I agree. Before you know it there’ll be temo’s. (Testosterone-emo’s - for those of you that haven’t caught on)

=)

[/quote]

temo…HA! I think you’ve coined a new word.

Meh, Its going to happen. We can sit back and see if it works. If TC doesnt like it then it will probably be changed again.

Forget the image of other sites with rating systems and think about what this could DO with the forum. The physiques get rated ANYWAY, those that are great are reviewed well, stay at the top longer, and get resurrected often. Shit physiques get 10 pages of mixed advice, argument, etc in 1-2 days then fade away. Its allready hot or not just without numnbers.

Its worth a try. Like TC said: “My progress, and Advice Wanted” threads can go anywhere else…

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Meh, Its going to happen. We can sit back and see if it works. If TC doesnt like it then it will probably be changed again.

Forget the image of other sites with rating systems and think about what this could DO with the forum. The physiques get rated ANYWAY, those that are great are reviewed well, stay at the top longer, and get resurrected often. Shit physiques get 10 pages of mixed advice, argument, etc in 1-2 days then fade away. Its allready hot or not just without numnbers.

Its worth a try. Like TC said: “My progress, and Advice Wanted” threads can go anywhere else…[/quote]

Agreed. After spending some time with the various changes here I find I like most of them. Take a day or two to acclimate, then if you have constructive criticism or a suggestion, feel free to hound TC. 8^0.

Mufasa, that’s a great idea about adding an “Article Discussion” topic. I also think a link to MWA should be in the list regardless of whether or not they have the big banner. Hint, Hint, TC! 8^[

Let the games begin!

[quote]Tim Patterson wrote:

With a title like “Rate My Physique,” there should be no doubt about what to expect.[/quote]

Damn. You are good.

In a weird way, I think (and hope) this change is going to work out for the better. Think of it this way: There is nothing about this change that takes away from the fact that if someone wants to step into the limelight and say “Rate me”, we will be more than happy to provide a dead honest assessment sans the delicious sugar coating.

You will get a cold, plain, in your face score if you step on up. Period. You have been duly warned and there is no need for coddling.