New Fat Fast Support Group #2

Hi all. I know that a few of you have already tried the FAT FAST and for some of you this is the 2nd or 3rd time doing it. Would it be a good idea to up the amount of protein to more than 160 grams??? I’m in the 215lbs area and 160 g of protein just might not cut it for me. I want to get like 200 g protein to help feed my muscles. Should I simply up the overall calories and add more UDO’s to make a 50/50 split??? Any ideas??? Thanks to RENEGADE and their ability to get us the GeAr, I can finally get into my ideal body quicktime. You’ll get an e-mail or phone call on Friday Mr.Renegade hope to hear from you soon. How are your results coming???

Stupid question: HOW do I calculate the number of total calories for using the FF method?? (I remember that you split it 50/50 with fat/protein, but I can’t seem to find/remember how to get the INITIAL total caloric calculation)

Question #2: do you recalculate your caloric total every week on FF, to adjust your intake appropriately, or do you just use the same caloric level (you started with) the entire time??

thanks

It’s cool to read all of your postings guys. I’ve been on the FF for 7 days now and LOVE it. Although it’s a bit extreme at times. I have a desk job and it’s a bitch at times when my slug like coworkers are slurping down grease and carbs. I’ve done the FF before without androsol and methoxy…and as many of you know, I lost alot of lean mass and had a HARD time with my workouts. Currently I’m taking 2-3 caps of md-6 with 60-70 sprays of androsol in the am, including 1 tbl of the ‘old’ methoxy. I feel strong…In fact my strength has slightly improved from the androsol… but my endurance is lacking midway thru my w.o’s. I’ve lost 9 lbs of flab and 2.5’’ off my waist. I’m also following the Melt Down Training protocol, which KICKS ASS. Literally. I think it’s REALLY KEY to begin your post wo drink about halfway thru. I’m able to aggressively finish my wo and recover much better, let alone function at all! I’m currently weighing in at 210 and wish to get to 195lbs ripped. Then change diets to a ‘don’t diet’ protocol and gradually begin adding lean mass without getting fat…in anticipation of mag 10 baby! For any of you guys out there who can, if your not…add in the stimulants! I don’t think I could do it otherwise…for you guys that are…I admire you…but I think you would save some lean mass and be able to push thru the cravings better…by the way, I do notice the addition of the 5htp in the new md-6…my carbs cravings are way down when I’m on it.

Thought I’d BUMP this thread back up the ladder.

Just finished Day 11 on the Fat Fast and holding strong - well for the most part. I’m keeping carb intake at near zero. I’ve had a few slices of cheese here and there and even an egg or two to help keep my sanity. I figure if scrambled eggs are a “treat” I must be doing something right.

Today is the first day that I actually feel as though I’ve lost fat weight and not muscle. I don’t know what it was, maybe dehydration, but for the first week I felt terrible and a bit lethargic - even when pumping the MD6 to me.

I took some pics at the beginning of the “fast” as well as a body composition test so I’ll have something to judge my progress by when this is all over. If the results are worth posting, all Renegades will get a peak at them - if not, well, chances are you’ll see 'em anyway.

With Methoxy-7 in my possession, I am starting a 14 day FF on Monday. Basically I’ll FF for 6 days a week @ 1000 P/F cals, with a 2500 P/C day on Sundays. Since my short burst with the FF last time around, I’ve kept all of the losses off, and have even leaned out a little more with the help of cardio and Massive Eating. I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into the FF with MX7, since I didn’t use it last time around.

Hey folks. I’m keeping all my training, eating and supplementation details on a webpage, for 2 reasons: first it allows me to catalogue what I’m doing (being very strict), and also allows others to check it out to either learn from or correct me. Some of the above questions ‘may’ be addressed in what I’ve done. Haven’t had time to do heaps, but there’s a little for you guys to read. Check it out here… Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

Hey t-men. Well today after my workout I start my 36 hour carb up after the first week of fat fast. So far after one week of the anbolic diet and 1 week (5 days acutally so far, but will be 5.5) I have lost 16 lbs. My abs are really starting to come out. I now have a decent four pack. Not bad. Even though I take Surge during and after my workouts I am still dying in the gym. I mean I have energy but the muscle and strength endurance just isn’t there. For instance, last week (the first week of dieting anabolic style) my bench stayed about the same as the week before (when I wasn’t dieting). However, this week (the first week of fat fast) my bench dropped 20 lbs. for less reps too. However, I haven’t lost much size. I don’t know but the fat is melting off. I think the strenth and virtually all size lost will return once I start taking in more carbs again and creatine as well. Also, I haven’t been hungry at all. For instance yesterday I had to force myself to eat a brat because I didn’t want to fall below 1700 calories on a workout day. That’s all for now. Until next week.

Day 1 down. Its 11:30pm and I’m about to hit the sack. I downed my 1000 calories spread over 5 meals, and haven’t felt hungry at all. Today’s workout was quite brief, but intense. 5x5 deadlifts (not too heavy, since recovery is disgusting for me on FF) followed by six three minute rounds of rope work and situps (Renegade Rope Work). I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Every day seems like a conquest on this diet =) Sure, I won’t feel great getting out of bed, but its worth it. Mark - the site is looking good, planning any new updates?

Day 2 is complete. Another “perfect” day with the 1000 calories going down nicely in the form of cheese, steak and post-workout whey. This evening I was taking it easy, playing some Madden 2002, and some of the worser points about this diet started to set in. I felt drained, short of energy and breath (had a couple of puffs of Ventolin since I occasionally suffer from asthma). Soon after, my ears started ringing - happened last time around also. While doing my balls-to-the-wall rope work, I had the pleasure of smelling the lovely keto odour for the first time. Wonder if this all means I’m in ketosis? Not that I really care, so long as I’m losing fat. Since I recently converted into a mirror-man rather than a scale-watcher, I don’t know how much I’ve lost so far. However, the mirror indicates that plenty of water has been dumped already. For this, my third FF, I’m attempting to stick with post-weights cardio. This means four sessions of rope work a week. My large dosing of Methoxy-7 should help hold onto my muscle, so I’m not concerned in that department. More on my mind is how I’ll feel - I’m thinking I’ll be a rather buggered trooper come my Sunday carb-up.

Day 3 down. Again, everything went as planned. 1000 calories coming from eggs, cheese, and whey. Doubled the length of my workout today, in absence of the rope work because my calves were (and still are) in a lot of pain. Worked chest and shoulders. Knocked off two large servings of sugar free jelly (or jello in the US). That was rather nice, although I’m not really craving anything yet. Tomorrow’s workout will no doubt be a test. Four days into this thing I’ll be doing another hard Renegade-based session. Sure, it will be shorter than your average Renegade workout, but will definately whipe me out =) The mirror says “keep up the good work, but keep going!”. I’m liking this Methoxy-7 just as much as last time, and so are my muscles.

Day 4 was another good one - food was consumed perfectly, again. I started my workout with the rope work, and followed that up with some deadlifting, for a bit of a change. Didn’t really help the quality of the skipping though, since its not a pretty thing to be going hardcore on while taking in such low cals, and in the absence of carbs. Everything is going well, although energy levels are up and down. A long 8 hour shift til 3am tomorrow night should be fun - non-stop rushing around the bar the whole time. Double servings of Methoxy-7 to make sure it isn’t too counter-productive. This diet is crazy, yet morbidly fun at the same time. Don’t Diet will be such a reward come the middle of November =) I can’t wait until my workout quality actually returns to normal. Anybody else still Fat-Fasting, or too busy beefing up as the forthcoming northern hemisphere weather makes it quite an attractive option? :wink:

Day 5 is finished. I’m enjoying the accountability of writing a little message here at the end of each day. Today was quite a struggle - mainly because I just got home from an 8 hour shift, and its 3:00am. Despite that, I knocked off the cals as planned, and upped the Methoxy-7 dosage to cope with the highly catabolic nature of my work tonight. I didn’t train today. Tomorrow I will be completing my final day before my first “re-feed” or semi “carb-up”. Given I’m playing a competitive game of indoor soccer on Monday night, a Sunday of P+C Massive Eating should help with my performance (if it were really important, I’d ditch the FF for a couple of days, but its not worth it). Feeling like a lone ranger here =)

Big Bruva you are not a lone ranger. I recently found T-Mag and Biotest and today embarked on the Fat Fast. I have gone keto before(Bodyopus) and hope to see how I handle longer periods of ketosis without a carb day. I plan on using Androsol, MD6, Tribex500, Methoxy7, and a gauntlet of herbs and vitamins. Yeah, I’m a supplememnt junky. I plan on carbing Thanksgiving and then Fat Fasting again until Christmas. Upon the arrival of New Year I will judge my overall results. Later. By the way day one lightheadedness has started.

I know you guys will probably think this is an uneducated comment, but this all sounds like pure starvation and supplementation to me.
Are there any people here that don’t supplement anything?
I don’t know much about this diet, but how many grams of carbs, protien, and fat do you typically take in per day?
Wouldn’t slower fat loss have the potential for more muscle retention?

OK the third week of my diet is done now (2nd week of Fat fast type). I am down 19 pounds. I look pretty good, but IMHO I haven’t lost enough fat fast enough. I plan on adding one more week to the fat fast phase of my diet, thus making the total duration of my diet 7 weeks rather than 6. Hopefully I will be ripped by the end of that time. I am rather pleased so far, but it always seems as if I have more weight to lose than I anticipated. I think this is so because for some reason when I do a low carb diet my b/f % shoots up initially and I don’t know why. Anyway until next week.

Steve - the initial shooting up of your BF% when doing a keto diet would be a result of water loss. Since water is going to be counted as LBM, your total LBM will decrease more than your fat mass in the initial stages of the diet. This isn’t anything to be worried about, although its obviously disconcerting.

Pat - do a search on the T-Mag website and educate yourself with regards to the diet. The articles come in two parts, and should sort out all of your questions and concerns.

Today was my first day. I had some temptation in the evening but I reminded myself that I control food, food does not control me. I ended the day close to 900 cal. My goal is to make it through November.

Day 6 is over and I’m going to hit the sack soon. I’m strangely excited at the thought of consuming 2500-3000 P+C calories tomorrow. No worries today - energy wasn’t so bad, but I guess it doesn’t come into play too much when you’re lying around the house watching TV, or reading printed T-Mag articles in the sun by the pool =) My re-feed should do me a world of good, and I can’t wait to get stuck into my second week.

Last night as I finished day one I was quite hungry but now in the beginning of day two I feel suprisingly good, my liver must still have some glycogen stored up. I haven’t felt this motivated to diet in years and I will succeed. I wish everyone on this diet the best of luck. JasonF, if this is your first time going keto just fight your way through the first few days and you will soon find yourself in a ketogenic high.

Day 4 - I was a little lightheaded yesterday, but I feel much better today. My mind has cleared, energy level is constant - I really feel pretty good actually. The only thing I need to worry about is remembering to take my MD6. In the past I would forget to take it and suddenly I’d remember how much I loved food. Well anyways with any luck I’ll be able to see my abs for the first time by the end of the third week. I’ve been low-carbing for the last two-three months (lost 20lbs), but finally I’ve decided to become really focused. Good luck to everyone. Just remember to stay disciplined, and hopefully by the time you’ve completed you’ll have a bottle of Mag-10 waiting for you.